Unwell (Tom Holland)

Requested by Envie_Holland: Y/N has type one diabetes. Tom has to go on a press tour but a day before, Y/N almost faints, but Tom catches her. He doesn't want to leave her but Y/N knows how important the tour is and so she promises to stay with Nikki and Dom on the condition that he goes on the tour. She's getting weaker by the day, until she faints and is taken to hospital by Tom's family. When she wakes up, Tom is there, and they're told that despite them thinking that Y/N's diabetes was why she was fainting, that isn't the reason.

*Please note: as I always say in chapters containing medical issues, I am NOT a doctor, so don't come for me if I have misrepresented type one diabetes in any way lol. That being said, if anyone has type one diabetes or knows anyone who does, please feel free to politely educate others in the comments, and share your experiences if you want to! Thank you, and enjoy xoxo*

"Darling-oh, shit."

"Come on, my love, I'm here, it's okay."

"Open your eyes for me, sweetheart, that's it, come on."

My eyebrows furrowed as an incredibly strong smell filled my nose, my brain recognising it as the smelling salts that we used for this exact reason as my eyes started to flutter open.

"That's it, darling, there we go." The blurred outline of Tom looming over me started to be processed in my mind, my eyes fully opening and the vision of my boyfriend becoming clear a few seconds later as I fully came to.

"What happened?" I mumbled groggily as I looked at my surroundings to see what I was lying on our bathroom floor with Tom's arms wrapped around my body.

"I guess that you had another episode, darling, because I just found you like this. Let's get you sat up." He nodded reassuringly, making me sigh and return the nod as Tom gently sat me up. He rested me against the bathtub, making me swallow thickly as he opened the bottle of energy drink that he was holding before giving it to me. I immediately started to drink it, my eyes fluttering shut in tiredness but also annoyance as I took the bottle away from my lips.

"Better, my love?" Tom checked, his eyes full of concern as he cupped my cheek.

"Give it a minute." I nodded, making him return it as his eyes continued to flick over my face. I had been born with type one diabetes, meaning that my body didn't process glucose properly. It was a condition that I had learned to manage at a young age due to the dangers of what would happen if I didn't, and so I lived with it with no real issues. Luckily, it also wasn't an issue for Tom when we had met and started dating three years ago, my boyfriend always being so supportive that he would go to any doctor appointments that I had when he could, and would even help with site changes if I needed it. Though, recently things had been different. For two or three weeks now, my blood sugar had been going down a lot quicker than it normally did, and because I wasn't used to that, I was struggling to manage it. Since this had started, I had fainted at least twice a week, and it was really starting to worry both me and Tom. Neither of us had any idea what was going on with my chronic illness, I'd never experienced this before, and so tensions were relatively high in our home right now.

"Let's get you up and into the living room, yeah, my love?" Tom checked as he stood up and offered his hands for me to take.

"Yeah. I'm good, I'm okay." I nodded and gave him a reassuring smile, making him return it and pull me to my feet before leaning down and gently kissing me.

I wandered into our kitchen, my lips curling into a smile to greet Tom as he stood at the island with his eyes on his phone.

"How's the packing going, Tommy?" I asked, making him look up at me. He sighed, my boyfriend's eyes wavering as he slid his phone into my pocket.