The wedding facetime call (Tom Holland)

Requested by Duchessoffairyland: It's Tom and Y/N's wedding and Tom facetimes her whilst they're getting ready. Y/N can see Tom, but he can't see her, because that would be bad luck.

Tom's P.O.V

"I'm going to see her." Tom shrugged, his eyes on his own reflection in the mirror as he did up his tie over his white dress shirt.

"No, you're not." Harrison scoffed and shook his head, Tom's best man looking at him disapprovingly as the pair were surrounded by the rest of the groomsmen who would definitely tackle Tom to the floor if he attempted what he wanted to attempt.

"She's the love of my life, Haz, I want to see her." Tom groaned and shook his head as he finally finished tying his tie, and grabbed his suit jacket to put over the white dress shirt.

"Tommy, you're going to see her in less than an hour, and you know that she'll kill you if you see her in her dress before she's walking down the aisle. None of us want your wife-to-be to kill you before you're even married." Harrison teased. Tom sighed and shook his head, annoyed grumbles leaving his lips as he put the cufflinks into the wrists of his sleeves. Though deep down, he knew that what his friends were doing was for him. After all, what were they doing? They were stopping him from trying to see his fiance in her wedding dress before she walked down the aisle, due to the fact that it was traditionally fucking bad luck to see the bride before the most special moment of both of their lives. It had felt like just yesterday that Tom had proposed to Y/N, the couple in reality having been engaged for the last five years. But due to both of them getting so many breakthrough roles in that time, the special occasion had been pushed back and pushed back, hence why it had been half a decade since Tom had first asked Y/N to marry him. But they were finally here. They were finally in their dream location of a beautiful hotel in Kingston, the pair about to get married in a small ceremony that only consisted of their family, closest friends, and zero paparazzi or celebrity friends apart from the obvious people of Zendaya and Jacob. They had a total of seventy-five people attending, which was tiny given that they were both celebrities, but that was exactly what the pair had wanted. They had turned down every offer from magazines to do bridal and wedding shoots, they had hired extra security to make sure that no paparazzi would be getting in, they had done everything to make sure that this wedding was about them, and them only. But now, all Tom wanted was to see Y/N in her dress. And it was killing him that he had ten blokes between him and the door who would definitely take him down so that he'd not do something that he'd later regret. But suddenly, Tom had an idea. His eyes widened.

"Fuck, I've got an idea, Haz, give me my phone." Tom nodded and outstretched his hand, the boy's phone also having been confiscated because he couldn't be trusted to not try and facetime Y/N neither. Harrison's eyes also widened.

"Tom, don't even think about it-."

"I'm not going to do what you think I'm going to do. Y/N seeing me doesn't mean that I have to see her." Tom nodded. Harrison narrowed his eyes at his best mate, a sigh leaving his lips as he dug Tom's phone out of his pocket and handed it to him.

"Thank you, Haz. I promise that I'll be sensible." He nodded as he clicked onto his facetime app and clicked on Y/N's name. He had to admit that he was still slightly nervous to accidentally catch a glimpse of his beautiful bride in her undoubtedly stunning dress, but he knew that he had to take that risk. It started to ring, Tom immediately clicking his camera off as part of his plan as he waited for someone to pick up. He just had to hope that it wouldn't be Y/N, otherwise he'd see her. And that would ruin everything.