Tattoos *part 2* (Soulmate!AU, Peter Parker)

"Well...I guess that we find someone else." Peter replied. My eyes widened and my head shot up to look at him, my mind hardly believing what he was suggesting as he returned the look.

"Peter, w-what?" I scoffed. He bit his lip, his gorgeous chocolate eyes flicking over my face as if they were admiring me. Every few seconds, they'd flick to look at my lips, making my heart violently jump in my chest before he finally settled on looking back into my eyes.

"Can I ask you something, angel?" He asked softly, the pads of his thumbs soothingly massaging the backs of my hands as they stayed in his grip. I gulped and forced myself to nod, my heart beating so harshly that I almost felt sick in anticipation of what he'd ask. But also the introduction of the loving nickname. That was new. And I had to admit, it was getting me excited for Peter's question. He gave me a small smile before parting his lips and starting to speak.

"What if we were together? What if we said 'fuck it' to the fucking dumb tradition of having to be with your soulmate, and just had each other instead? Because I know that you've always noticed something between us, and I have too." He admitted. My eyes widened, my lips parting in shock at his words as my heart jumped violently in my chest. I wasn't sure what was more shocking. The fact that Peter was seriously suggesting that we strayed from the paths that we always had to follow...or the fact that he'd just admitted to having feelings for me too.

"P-peter, we can't, everyone who does is cast out, we can't-."

"Why not, angel? Why not?" He shook his head as he leant forward and took my face into his hands. I gulped and flicked my eyes up to look into his, nothing but genuine love in the chocolate orbs as they looked straight back at me.

"Because I love you, baby. I love you, I know that you love me too, and we now have nothing to lose. Leo and MJ betrayed us, they did this to us. So, we can either suffer for the rest of our lives alone, or we can also say 'fuck it' and be together instead." He nodded, his eyes flicking over my face as he tried to read me. My eyes wavered and I gulped again, my heart racing in anxiety at what he was suggesting. But also racing with excitement. Because Peter was right. Leo and MJ had already fucked us up by leaving us, and so we could either spend the rest of our lives alone...or we could also defy tradition and be happy together. I may have been putting up a fight about this, but deep down, both of us knew what my answer would be. My eyes flicked back up to look into Peter's, making the boy raise his eyebrows at me to hint that he was waiting for my answer.

"Fuck it. Yes, let's do it." I smiled and shook my head. Peter's eyes widened, a breathless laugh leaving his lips as he leant in and smashed our lips together. I returned the kiss immediately, my eyes fluttering shut and my hands raising to hold his face as we enjoyed our first intimate moment together. And I had to admit that it was beyond perfect. Peter broke the kiss and joined our foreheads, my eyes fluttering open to see him already gazing gently at me as we just held each other.

"You have no idea how long I've been waiting to do that, angel." He admitted as his thumbs gently rubbed over my cheeks. I smiled and bit my lip, everything that Peter said to me perfect as we gazed into each other's eyes.

"I think that I do, Pete." I nodded, making him smile and return it as he leant in and gently kissed me again.

"Seriously, what if she's not okay with it? A lot of people haven't been." I gulped, Peter and I walking along the hallway to his aunt May's apartment with our hands joined and fingers intertwined.

"My love, this is May that we're talking about. If anyone is going to be okay with it, it'll be her. I promise." Peter nodded as he also squeezed my hand in reassurance. I sighed and bit my lip, my stomach still twisting in anxiety as we got to the apartment door. Peter and I had been together for a few weeks now, and due to the taboo that encompassed being with someone who wasn't your soulmate, we hadn't told anyone about us yet. We had decided to tell May first, followed by my parents and then the Avengers, and May was the first one on our stop. To say that I was shitting myself was an understatement.