"Remember me. Please." *part 3* (Tom Holland)

"Yeah, that sounds great, Haz, where are you thinking of going?" I asked, my phone sandwiched in between my shoulder and my cheek as I talked on the phone to Harrison, and wandered through the house. Tom looked up at me as I walked into the living room, the boy raising his eyebrows to question who I was talking to as I looked at him.

"Yeah, sounds like a plan. I'll suggest it to him, but I'll drag him out anyway, don't you worry." I teased, making Tom's eyes widen slightly as I hung up the phone and put it back into my pocket.

"What was that about, love?" He scoffed as I sat down next to him on the sofa.

"Haz has suggested a night out tonight, with us, him, and your brothers. Sound like a plan?" I asked.

"Sure, yeah. Where is he thinking of?" He asked.

"All of your old favourites." I shrugged before looking at him. His eyes wavered and he looked down, making my eyes waver too.

"Sorry...that hasn't come back yet, huh?" I sighed as I put my hand on his shoulder. He shook his head and gave me a small smile in response, making me gulp as he rested his hand on my thigh. Tom had returned from the dead six months ago now, and admittedly had made more progress than any of us had expected him to make. After the first month, he had remembered so little that we had all started to give up. But then after a few more weeks, things that we hadn't told him started to click for him. We had taken Tessa to see him again for the first time since he'd gone missing, and he hadn't needed to be told either her name, or that she was his for him to recognise her. He'd seen Jacob and Zendaya again for the first time after three months, and whilst he wasn't as close with them as he had been before the accident, he still knew who they were, and who they had been to him. All of it was progress, and now here we were, six months later, with genuine hope that he would regain full access to all of his memories by the end of the year. But...that still left us. Whilst Tom and I had undoubtedly continued to get closer in the last few months, we were still nowhere near the level of even dating, let alone being engaged. It was as if we were back to being two awkward teenagers who knew that they liked each other, but both were afraid to make the first move. I was too afraid to make the first move on Tom given that of course I no longer had any idea about where he was with me, and so didn't want to make him uncomfortable, and I was surely still somewhat of a stranger to him too. So, as much as I hated it, the longing stares and thigh touches, like what Tom was doing to me right now, had to be enough. Even if I wanted so much more. Even if I wanted him.

"No, but it's okay. Anyway, other, smaller stuff is still coming back. Like, I can now remember what your favourite flavour of ice cream is, it's salted caramel. I know that it's not much." He chuckled and nodded. I gave him a small smile and bit my lip, my heart warming up but also breaking at the same time at his words. The fact that he remembered such a small fact about me gave me hope that his true feelings for me were still in there, they just had to be uncovered. But my heart also broke because I knew that I couldn't lean in and kiss him like I would have done five years ago if he'd come out with such a meaningless and yet sweet fact about me. That was what hurt, and would never stop hurting. Not until he finally remembered, anyway.

Tom's P.O.V

Tom and Y/N walked into the club, his hand on her back so that he could still touch her, but not make her uncomfortable as the pair walked in. After all, he was falling for her more by the day just like he was sure that he'd done when they were teenagers, but she'd been through so much with his memory loss that he didn't want to accidentally force her back into the relationship with him.

"Mate, hey!" He turned around, a smile spreading onto his lips as Harrison and his twin brothers pushed through the crowd to get to them.

"Hey, you guys okay?" He smiled as he hugged all three boys tightly.