Frozen (Bradley Baker)

Requested by Maddison233: Bradley and Y/N are dating, and something happens to Y/N instead of Bradley.

My eyes flicked over the stretches of white that surrounded us, my heart thumping violently in my chest at the idea that we were stuck out here.

"Fucking come on! Goddammit!" Bradley yelled, making me turn to look back at my boyfriend. He clenched his jaw and turned the key in the ignition again, the car sputtering and struggling, but not into life as he desperately tried to restart the vehicle.

"Bradley, it's not going to start, we should consider walking and trying to find somewhere warm to stay for the night." I sighed.

"That's not a good idea, babe, there's no guarantee that we'll find anywhere all the way out here, and it's way too cold to risk getting stuck out there overnight." He mumbled and shook his head as he also looked out of the car windows over the seemingly endless expanse of snow.

"We don't have a choice if the car won't start." I shook my head.

"That...is also true." He sighed and nodded as he looked at me. I gave him a small smile and rested my hand on his as I tried to hide how fucking terrified I was at the situation that we were in. Bradley and I had been dating for two years now, and he was truly the love of my life. Despite the slightly cold and stand-offish personality that he showed to new people, I had seen through that and so hadn't let that put me off getting to know the boy. Thank fuck that I had made that decision, because Bradley soon trusted me enough to show me his real side, which ended up being what I fell in love with. I knew all about his fucked-up relationship with his dad, and what had happened to him and his brother when he'd been a teenager. It was all fucked, but I was here to help him through, and he knew that. But today, I didn't know how I'd stay strong. We had been travelling to go and visit Bradley's mom, part of the journey consisting of going through an extremely cold and snowy state. And so we had been driving through endless trees and ice-covered roads...before the car had decided to break down. To make matters even worse, our phones had no signal, and the thickest coats that either of us had were jackets. This was bad. I knew that already.

"Fucking hell-you're right, we can't sit here and freeze to death, there might be a cabin or something nearby." Bradley nodded, making me return it as he opened his door. As soon as he did, the harsh temperature of the outside hit me like a truck, making me wince as my boyfriend climbed out, and I zipped up my jacket with already numbing fingers. I climbed out too, the drastic change sending shivers all through my body within mere seconds as Bradley grabbed our bags before locking the car.

"Come on, baby." He mumbled, making me gulp and take his arm as he took my hand, and intertwined our fingers before we started to walk.

Bradley and I trudged over the frozen lake, both of us shivering uncontrollably and my hands so numb that I couldn't even tell if mine was being held by Bradley's anymore as the wind harshly whipped the snow into our faces. Bradley wrapped his arm around my waist and pulled me into his body, my head resting against his shoulder as he tightly held me into his side. I looked up, my entire body numb but also somehow filled with pins and needles at the same time as I tried to see something, anything, through the violent snowfall that we had walked into. But...it worked. My eyes widened, my heart jumping in hope as through the white mist in front of us, I could just about make out the shape of what looked to be a small cabin. But I didn't care how small it would be. It was shelter. And that was what mattered.

"B-b-bradley...t-there." I spoke, my teeth chattering and the air so cold that it burned my lungs as I raised my shaking hand and pointed to the cabin. Bradley followed my finger with his gaze and his eyes widened.