Dance for my heart (Tom Holland)

Requested by Duchessoffairyland: Tom is famous for ballet instead of acting, he meets Y/N and their relationship progresses to them being the most famous dance couple.

*Just a little warning, there is very brief mention of body image in this chapter, it is extremely brief and isn't deep, but I just thought I'd TW it in case anyone is sensitive to that kind of thing. That being said, enjoy :)* 

We stood on the pitch-black stage, the only indication that my husband was standing a single inch in front of me being the feeling of his soft breath fanning over my lips. All I could hear from both the audience and us, was our hearts beating ever so softly. Anyone would think that given we were about to perform our biggest ever ballet, in front of almost fifty thousand people, our hearts would be pounding out of our chests. But they weren't. They were calm, they were quiet, they were acting exactly how we'd trained them to. After all, the stage was mine and Tom's safe place, more so when we were about to dance together. Which was exactly what we were about to do. The single spotlight that lit Tom and I up came on, my husband's gorgeous face finally being visible to me as the light was the cue for us to start our routine. And so, here we went.

I stood in the audition room, my heart racing and my stomach flipping like it never had before as I gripped the bar attached to the wall mirror, and stretched before what was undoubtedly the biggest audition of my life so far. It wasn't big because it was for a music video, it wasn't big because it was a music video for five seconds of summer, no. It was big because the already cast male dancer was no other than Tom Holland. Tom Holland was a world famous ballet dancer, and he was by far the best in our field. Not only was he extremely talented, but he was undeniably the most attractive man that I'd seen in my life. He was also at the audition, across the room from me as I processed this train of thought. And there was a reason why he was at the audition, which was only making me shit myself more. My agent had made it clear when they had offered me the audition that Tom Holland had been cast specifically because 5sos had wanted his specific image for the music video. But because he was vital to the video, he also had a massive voice in who got the role of the female dancer, his co-dancer. So not only did I have to impress the director and producer who would be watching us, but arguably I had to impress Tom even more and convince him that together, we had the right chemistry and attraction to convince the camera that we were lovers. No fucking pressure at all.

"Okay, can we all gather around please?" The director yelled, pulling me out of my thoughts as I stopped stretching. I gulped and followed the other fifty girls to form a clump in front of the director, my heart almost choking me as I silently compared myself to the competition. It had to be said, I didn't have faith in myself right now. I was only five-foot-four, which wasn't tall at all for a female ballet dancer, especially not when my competition was mostly six foot. They were all super skinny and super tall, and had admittedly impressed me with their dancing during our warm-up time. So currently, I had no hope. But I wouldn't let that stop me from trying to get this part. At least I'd get to dance with Tom once, even if it would only be for a few seconds.

"Thank you all for being here today. Here's what's going to happen. The choreographer for the video has been working with our friend, Tom, here, to come up with a beautiful ballet routine for the client. Say hi, Tom." The director nodded.

"Hi there." The boy chuckled and waved, making most of the others giggle and bat their eyelids at him as I simply smiled and waved at him. For a single moment, Tom noticed me, my heart jumping in my chest as his eyes seemingly wavered at me, and his smile dipped ever so softly. I wasn't about to stand here and pretend that I wasn't like other girls or any of that bullshit, but I had to admit that it felt like we'd just had a bit of a moment.