The child spy *final part* (Mob boss!AU, Tom Holland)

Tom's P.O.V

Every inch of Tom's body felt numb, his eyes red and puffy, and his head aching from crying as he remained sat next to the bed that Y/N was lying in with her hand cupped tightly into his. He was afraid that if he let go even for a second, she'd slip away from him, and he'd die too if that happened. He flicked his gaze back up to look at her pale and yet still gorgeous face, his eyes wavering as hers were still closed, and her lips were still parted slightly. It had now been three days since Y/N had taken Tom's bullet for him, and they had been the worst days of his life. She was still alive, just, which Tom guessed was something, but she'd slipped into a coma because of the trauma that her body had sustained. The boy had all of his personal doctors and nurses working around the clock to try and save her, or at least make her as comfortable as humanly possible if this was it for her, which his doctors warned was the more likely outcome by this point. And that broke Tom's fucking heart. He squeezed his eyes shut, more tears streaming down his face as he pressed his lips to Y/N's hand in a weak attempt to muffle his chokes. This wasn't fair, this wasn't how things were supposed to end for the two of them. Tom had no idea what he'd done in a past life to warrant a child spy being sent when they were kids and him falling in love with her, only for her to return a decade later to kill him, only for them then to actually fall in love and then her be this close to death. It didn't feel fair, but right now Tom was painfully aware of the fact that he couldn't do anything about it. He'd never be able to do anything about it. Well...apart from one thing.

"Boss." Tom's eyes opened, a small sigh leaving his lips as he broke them off from Y/N's hand before looking over his shoulder to see Harrison stood there.

"Sorry to interrupt, mate." His best friend nodded. Tom sighed again and shook his head as he stood up. He looked at Y/N once more, everything in him wanting her to just open her beautiful eyes and smile at him again as he gently let her hand go.

"It's okay, Haz, there aren't any new changes anyway. What have you got for me?" He asked as he turned to face him.

"Steve reckons that he's strong enough now to take another round without it being fatal." Harrison nodded. Tom returned it and clenched his jaw, seething anger starting to flow through him purely at the thought of this asshole.

"Brilliant." He mumbled before walking past Harrison, his right-hand man following him as they left the medical suite, and started to head along the corridor. Both of the men's shoes clicked against the hardwood floors, the sound also bouncing off of the walls as they headed down the stairs and towards their destination. As they got gradually closer, the sounds of cries and yells of pain started to be audible, eventually getting louder until Tom and Harrison were at the door. Tom clenched his jaw, the boy using every inch of willpower that he possessed not to end it now and put a bullet in this guy's head as he strolled into the room that held the prisoner. That held Y/N's old employer. Tom stuck his hands into his trouser pockets and strolled in purposefully nonchalantly, his mind knowing that him being so seemingly calm and unbothered freaked this asshole out. And Tom would play mind games with him as much as possible for what he did to Y/N. After he had shot her, Tom's men had managed to kill all of this guy's minions before successfully capturing the man himself. He'd been in one of the mansion's cells ever since, taking regularly beatings and bouts of torture as Tom was determined to inflict as much physical pain onto him as he'd inflicted onto Tom mentally. But he wasn't killing him yet, oh no. That privilege was reserved for Y/N. When...she woke up.

"Anything new today, boys? Any new apologies?" Tom mumbled, the boy looking down as he dug his carton of cigarettes and his lighter out of his trouser pockets.