Chapter 5 - Axel

"You don't have to babysit me all the way here," she groaned, walking into the guest room and almost shoving the door in my face. I put out a hand and stopped it from going any further.

"I'm keeping an eye out in case you pull something stupid like that back there, again." I moved in and closed the door behind me. She sat on the floor, her back leaned against the bed and legs spread out, crossing her ankles over each other.

I tsk-ed, making my way toward the bathroom for an aid kit to assist her cut. I heard her sigh heavily from outside, "I can do that myself." I rolled my eyes, pulling the kit out and walking back into the room after.

Kneeling beside her, I placed the small box down and opened it, taking out everything I needed. My gaze fell on her, and I waited for her hand.

She gulped, furrowing her eyebrows and trying hard to figure out why I all of a sudden stared at her with a blank expression pulled across my face. "Your hand, Vixen." I raised my eyebrows and put out my hand.

"O-Oh, right." Her gaze left mine instantly and agitation flashed across her face as she shifted out her arm and opened her fist, showing the bloody towel wrapped around her small hand.

I sat on the ground too, placing her hand on my thigh so it was easier to handle. Once uncloaking the towel, I tried my best to clean the blood around her palm. It looked as though it stopped bleeding, which was good.

Grabbing the rubbing alcohol, I twisted off the cap with my teeth and took a cotton bud between my fingers, then quickly tipped the bottle over it. My eyes suddenly shifted up as she moved her arm away, and I groaned lowly.

She shook her head and pointed at the bottle, "You aren't going to use that, right?" She asked, averting her eyes from the bottle to me.

"This is going to hurt," I stated, sparing her a poker face and taking her arm from her chest. I held her wrist tightly, but not so much that it'd hurt.

She winced when I brought the alcohol-soaked bud against her skin, trying to pry her arm back, but I tugged her forward, causing her other arm to shoot out on the floor for balance.

"How are you going to handle the Santiago's, if you can't even handle the littlest amount of pain." I licked my dry lips and smiled. That should scare her.

Her hand stiffened, and I laughed inside, unbothered by her now fearful demeanor. "W-What," she stuttered out in merely a whisper.

I chuckled, glancing up at Vixen to see a sudden scowl playing on her face before returning my focus on her injured hand. Vixen, I can tell you hate that. She was breathtaking in her own way, and I could tell she had a temper that was sure to spike at any given moment.

One that would make you fall for her like a domino piece and stay fallen, because it was interesting to keep seeing somebody so powerless and useless show you who they are.

I finished cleaning the cut and grabbed a sterile pad, placing it over her palm and gently wrapping it with a bandage to keep it secure. Looking up at her, she swallowed hard and slowly retrieved her hand like I was to pounce at my prey if they tried escaping my den.

Placing everything that was laid out on the floor, I hummed, stuffing them inside and closing the lid. I sighed before standing up on my feet and looking down at her.

She chewed on her bottom lip, scared to look at me even if it was just a glance, and even if just a second ago she scowled at me, but now she looked scared to move, too. I wouldn't put my hands on her for absolutely no reason, there isn't a single point in that, and you'd have to be stupid like Creed to do such.

I also did a background check and found out shit that nobody should go through, I wouldn't want to add onto that suffering. I see myself as the nice brother, the one that'd consider giving mercy, but if I'm riled up enough and I do have a reason to hurt her, I'd warn the Vixen to run first. Just like Creed I loved the chase.

Though that fucker got turned on like a hormonal teenager when his victims ran away helplessly-begging for him to stop.

I'm slightly offended that she thought I'd do something, although she didn't know what went on in my mind right then, I shouldn't blame her for assuming.

Moving into the bathroom, I placed the first aid back in the cupboard on my left and quickly rinsed the stained blood off my fingers. "I'm not the one you should be afraid of, Kez," I stated matter of fact, walking out and toward the bedroom door.

It's Creed

I turned my back on her as I went to slip outside, but the shuffling of her standing up made me pause and whip around. I know exactly what you're going to ask, Vixen. Arching an eyebrow, I brought my hand in the air, stopping her from asking whatever that was on her mind.

She pressed her lips together and narrowed her eyes on the floor in a nervous manner, "Ask questions later, in the meantime get ready for five." I glanced down at my watch. "And dress appropriately. Roman won't like Creed rubbing at himself under the dinner table because your boobs are on display."

Her head immediately shot up and she darted her eyes at me in disdain. I ran my tongue over my bottom lip, taking her in from head to toe, once my gaze settled back up I winked and turned on my heels, moving out in the hall and closing and locking the door. This should be interesting.