Chapter 53 - Axel

Snapping my eyes from Kez to the nightstand, the time on the clock read two-fifty am. Only ten minutes until we have to leave. Releasing a heavy breath I had only just noticed I'd been holding in, I ran both hands down my face, clenching my jaw.

I was anxious, really fucking anxious. My brothers decided it was a good idea to get rid of Julio today-this fucking early too, and I had no problem with it. And despite not being prepared for anything at all, we wanted this to happen. We didn't care what time it went down or where, we just wanted it done...we needed it done.

But I wasn't anxious because we were about to go into this blind, I was anxious about leaving this room-leaving Kez. I was afraid that if I left I wouldn't come back.

Swallowing, I brushed my fingers through my hair; pushing it back and out of my way, then I stood up. I was quiet as I walked over to the bed, gently sitting down on the edge beside Kez. Slightly bowing my head, I reached out my hand and delicately ran my fingers through her soft blonde hair.

I tried so hard to be gentle so I wouldn't wake her, and although I knew even the slightest touch always woke her, I did it anyway. She slowly slid her arm out from under the pillow, blinking her sleepy eyes open. A quiet moan then sounded from her and she smiled lazily. "What're you doing?" she asked, voice raspy.

I lightly shook my head. "Nothing," I whispered, brushing her hair back again.

Inhaling sharply, she glanced at the clock and then back at me. "It's almost three in the morning, why are you up?"

I blinked at her as I retracted my arm, quickly questioning if I should answer, and I chose to. But before I could say anything, another voice beat me to it. "Axel, you ready? We gotta go, man." Creed's voice echoed into the room, and I clenched my jaw. Great.

Kez's brows were quick to pull in, her face twisting with confusion. "Ready?" she swallowed, now turning over on her back, then she pulled herself up into a sitting position. "Where are you going?"

Turning my head back, I glared at my brother, and he mouthed oops. Idiot. I looked back at Kez, contemplating lying to her, but guilt tripped me already and I realised I couldn't do it-and I wouldn't because I didn't want to. If I were still who I was a couple of months back, I'd lie to her with no problem.

"To kill Julio," I finally answered.

She scoffed. "And you were just gonna go without telling me?"

"I didn't wanna worry you."

Pressing her lips into a thin line, she squinted her eyes at me, as if she was deciding whether or not to argue about this. "I'm coming with you," she said instead.

"What? No, you're not." I chuckled, getting off the bed.

"Yes, I am," she shot back.

"No, you're not," I repeated.

Groaning, Kez collected the bed sheet and wrapped it around her body as she slid off the bed. "Give me a second to get ready."

For fucks sake. "I said you're not coming," I spoke sternly, grabbing her by the upper arm when she tried walking past me. Staring hard down at her, she glared back at me-practically throwing a bunch of fuck yous at me without uttering a thing.

"Creed." She turned to my brother, raising her brows. It was amusing that she thought he would give her permission.

"I'm with Axel, Little One."

Her face quickly twisted into a scowl and she pulled herself out of my grip, walking over to the dresser. "I'm coming and I don't care what you guys say."