Chapter 55 - Axel

"Stop!" Creed yelled over the loud engine.

I immediately stepped on the brake. "What?" I asked, poking my head out of the window.

"You almost damaged a brand new car, that's what." He shook his head, crossing his arms over each other.

Mouthing whoops, I stuck my head back inside and put the car in park, lifted the handbrake, then turned off the ignition. "So, why did you decide to buy another car? You've already got your caddy."

"I bought it for Kez, not me," I stated, hopping out of the car. "And you have two cars." I gave him a look, shaking my head before I closed the door.

"Touché," he said.

Placing my hands onto my hips, I sucked in a breath, slowly letting it out as I carefully scanned my eyes over the black impala. "She's gonna fall in love with this." I nodded, glancing at my brother.

"I bet," he breathed. "But why exactly did you buy her a car? And this car specifically? Now we have two black Chevy's."

"Because she liked yours," I told him, turning to face him, "and I wanted to make her happy." He only hummed to that, trailing off into a daydream. I gave the car one last scan and then moved past Creed, shifting inside-closing the door behind me. Then I shoved the keys into my jeans back pocket before running upstairs.

"Kez, baby, c'mere!" I shouted, poking my head out past the cellar door. A beat passed and then I heard her coming down from upstairs.

"Where are you?"

"Cellar," I said loudly.

Seconds went by and then I watched her come around the corner, furrowing her brows. "What're you doing?" She asked, making her way over.

"Looking for good wine." I pushed the door further back and nudged my head for her to move inside.

"For what- oh, my god! are you taking me on a date?" She exclaimed, turning her head back as she walked downstairs.

"That was a joke. And no, I'm not."

"Wow." She whirled around in an instant, frowning at me. "Then, why are you down here?"

Blinking, I scoffed, then moved past her-heading for the garage door. "You ask a lot of questions, babe." I stopped near the door.

"Why did you call me down here, Axel?" She crossed her arms, staring at me blankly.

A low chuckle escaped my mouth and I walked up to her. I slowly shifted around her, making sure our shoulders brushed against one another. Stopping close behind her, I brought one hand up and slowly moved her hair-exposing the side of her neck. "I have a surprise for you," I whispered as I leaned down, pressing a kiss under her earlobe.

She tipped her head to the side, giving me more room. "Really?" She said, her voice a little chirpy.

"Yeah," I replied, placing another kiss but where her shoulder met her neck. "It's behind that door. Wanna see?" I pointed in front of her.

"Mhm hm." She nodded.

"Alright." I fixed myself up straight. "Close your eyes, though." Grabbing her hand, I carefully walked us to the door, glancing at her to make sure she kept her eyes shut. "Don't peek," I said, reaching for the doorknob. She only groaned.

Finally opening the door, I decided to walk behind her, placing my hands over her eyes. Soon we stopped, and I moved to stand in front instead, digging in my pocket for the keys. She waited patiently, not uttering a sound.

I smiled as I grabbed her hand, placing the silver keys in her palm. "Surprise, baby," I murmured.

Kez's eyelids quickly jumped up, she peered down at her hand, glanced up at me and then looked forward. Her face immediately lit up with excitement. "No. Fucking. Way." She smiled widely, the corners of her mouth reaching her eyes. "This is for me?"