Chapter 26 - Kez

I groaned, shuffling my legs as I stretched them, laying in bed. Last night was a fucking shit show, first the attack on The Kings and then Creed and Axel's stupid fight. My face was still sore and I swear I could feel myself hurt between my legs, which was odd because Axel wasn't rough enough.

Popping my eyes open, the bright sunlight shone through the curtains, making me squint. I yawned, turning on my side instead, and once the sun stopped blinding me I saw Axel flat on his stomach, his back muscles flexing as his hand moved under the pillow. Hm.

My hand inched up, gently brushing away his inked hair that fell into his closed eyes. He looked so calm, peaceful-secluded, as though nothing in the world would or could harm him, or perhaps, so he wouldn't harm the world around him. Nonetheless, I liked how quiet Axel Santiago was next to me. It was one thing I had just experienced, but I liked to experience it again even with his eyes opened.

I wondered why he was cold sometimes, and then he wasn't, and he acted as if he cared. Maybe it was to distract himself from shit. I didn't know why, but I felt as though he was struggling-as if there were things he wanted to forget about, and so he played with me to forget.

Wetting my lips, I moved my hand, hovering it over his shoulder, then his shoulder blade, and finally his spine. I sucked in a deep breath and pulled my bottom lip between my teeth so I wouldn't startle him. I remembered climbing into bed alone last night, but he must've felt bad and hopped in whilst I was sleeping.

Slowly, I brought my fingers against his back, carefully brushing them over his smooth skin. I was thankful he didn't move because I decided to trace the spine tattoo. Come to think of it, I never had a chance to study Axel properly, but now was a perfect chance.

The tattoos on his right arm, stomach, and chest I remembered; the monarch in the center of his chest, Medusa's head on his left ribcage, the electric guitar just above his V line with the tiny song lyrics next to it: we're bored to death in heaven and all alone in hell, we only want to be ourselves. Fallen Angels by the Black Veil Brides. I believed they were the lyrics.

And lastly the guns, daggers, and vampire bats spaced out on his arm. Apart from those I never saw any others until now. Swallowing, I glided my hand to his lower back, running it over the hand-sized Doberman, and then back up, swiping my finger over a tiny tattoo in cursive going vertical under his left earlobe. I couldn't believe I hadn't noticed it before.

"Killian," I whispered. Who would Killian be? "What're you hiding, Axel?" I said softly, retracting my hand to my chest.

Gazing up at his pale face, I gasped, almost jumping into a sitting position. His eyes were wide open, staring back at me like a hawk eyeing its prey. Jesus Christ.

A smirk slowly curled upon his lips, and he blinked, letting his eyes fall down my naked chest. Shit. "What are you hiding, Vixen?" He repeated my sentence, asking me instead, his voice hoarse and groggy.

I furrowed my eyebrows, grabbing the thin sheet and pulling it up to cover myself. "Why are you in here?"

He chuckled, turning on his side, the sheet shifting off me as he moved, and I tsk-ed, pulling it back. "I missed you." Pausing, a beat passed as he stared at me with admiration. Missed me? Yeah, right. "Don't get shy now, it's nothing I haven't seen before."

"Time and place, Axel," I chimed in, rolling my eyes.

He laughed, bringing his hand to my cheek and brushing away the strand of hair that fell. "You're naked and so am I. I think it's the right time and place," he uttered, sliding his hand down and hooking a finger under the sheet. Fucking hell. He slowly pulled it down, exposing my right breast to his naked eye, and I shivered. "Let me slide into that tight cunt. I know how bad you're aching to be soaked with my cum."