Chapter 33 - Kez

I was avoiding Axel, the best I could, anyway, despite us having to be around each other twenty-four seven, and it was inevitable to separate on a jet, so... but at least I was away seeing Spain with only Ricky and Damon, which meant I had a day without him whispering dirty nothings into my ear.

Although I'd be a liar if I said I didn't think about him the time we were away from each other. His words from earlier we'll talk later were still ringing in my ears, and I wasn't too sure what he meant but I hoped it wouldn't only be about me catching him calling me his girlfriend. Of course, I hadn't minded what Axel referred to me as, but a heads up would've been nice.

Hanging off Damon's arm, I slouched into him and rested my head on his shoulder, groaning in exhaustion as we continued our walk, though more so complaining without uttering a word. I didn't like the idea of being babysat by two grown men, when I was a grown woman myself, completely capable of leaving the house on my own and looking out for myself.

And no, D and Ricky weren't bugging me, I loved having them around. I'd say we got pretty close during the tour, but it was unnecessary to have them pretend to be bodyguards and watch my every move.

Supposedly, the streets weren't safe because of Julio, but it didn't matter to me because nobody was dumb enough to hurt somebody in broad daylight. Yet, it was obvious it mattered to Axel.

He wanted to protect me, and I respected that, I thought he was cute for it. But if it got to an extent of overprotectiveness I would complain and fight him on it.

Of course, I'd let him continue protecting me, but everyone already knew you couldn't keep somebody away from everything. Hell, I could get hurt whilst standing by his side.

Looking down at me, Damon chuckled. "What's up? You can't already be tired. We've been walking for less than ten minutes," he said, bringing the cigarette he held onto up to his lips, sucking on the end.

I frowned at him, reaching my hand up and pulling it from his mouth. "It's not that. It's you-" I paused for a moment, and he scoffed. "Shit. I didn't mean it like that. It's just..." my words halted and I took a drag from the bud, slowly blowing out the white smoke. "I don't like you and Ricky not blinking an eye at me as if you guys did I'd disappear from your sight," I said, breathing out a frustrated huff. "I'm not a kid, unable to take care of myself if something, I don't know, bad happened," I explained, handing the cigarette back.

He shrugged and glanced behind us at Ricky before focusing in front on where he was walking. "I'm sorry, princess, but if the boys tell us to do something. We do it." Placing the bud between his lips again, he shrugged me off, instead, wrapping his arm around my shoulders.

Rolling my eyes, I encircled my arm around his back. "Pussy," I muttered, racking my eyes over the buildings; the different architecture caught my eye, and I admired it as though it was art, but I guess, it was. There wasn't anything more beautiful than the city and streets of Spain. Vegas couldn't even top what I saw, not that I left my house often, but when I did.

"Bitch," he returned, pulling my hair, and I winced, snatching the bud from his pink lips and tossing it to the floor. "Ay!" He growled out, his deep voice rolling through my ears, it sounded like a rumble of thunder.

I've never heard Damon's voice go so low before, and it wasn't intentionally made to sound mad, but it sure as hell came out that way.

Snorting, I palmed his abs twice, feeling the hard outline against the pads of my fingertips. "Bitch? I don't take orders like a dog, though." I smiled, watching him half roll his eyes.

"Hm? You're Axel's bitch. And I get paid, so, I don't mind," he said so casually, not a care in the world as if he was working for the dirty cops.

A scoff lodged its way from my throat, though not nearly far enough to come right out of my mouth and make itself known. "For the record, he is my bitch, but I let him make me his while he plays with me." I bounced my brows up, "only when, though." I winked, making myself clear-forcing confusion to be prohibited.