Chapter 19 - Kez

Running up the stairs, I swallowed, bile started to rise in my throat and nausea churned in my stomach. I didn't know what was wrong with me, I saw what I fucking saw, but shit. The number of awful things I saw my father do in the times I spent with him, you'd think I'd be able to handle such.

I slammed the bedroom door shut as I rushed through, seeing Axel run up the stairs after me. Being around him would only make it worse, plus the shit I did earlier was haunting me at the moment too.

It was weird, and for an odd reason, I felt dirty-like it shouldn't have happened-and I was mad at myself for letting somebody else touch me. It should've been Axel. Fuck, fuck, fuck.

As I shifted into the bathroom, I ran straight for the sink and quickly turned the faucet, allowing my hands to cup the water. They filled up and I splashed the cold water over my face, going for more and splashing it again. I forced a swallow, permitting the water to fall into my mouth and cool me down.

My breathing suddenly became heavy and uncontrolled, and I couldn't focus on myself as I blinked, looking in the mirror. What the fuck is wrong with you? Closing my eyes, I squeezed them tightly, and around the sink I felt with my hands, trying to look for something sharp.

Come on, please. "Kez," I heard a whisper from behind me, but I was too much in my head to turn around and have a damn conversation.

Groaning, I peeled my eyes open and cursed under my breath, removing my hands from the sink. I gazed in the mirror and saw Axel by the door, looking almost as worried as I was. He shifted closer and furrowed his eyebrows, then my vision went fuzzy and I cried out, not able to make him out anymore.

"Come here, sit down," he murmured, suddenly by my side, grabbing at my arms. I blinked like crazy and shook my head as he led me to the edge of the bathtub, and forced me to take a seat.

He brushed my hair away from my eyes and cupped my face in his hands. I needed to feel pain, otherwise, I'd have a fucking panic attack. "A-Axel," I spoke quietly, a sob catching in my throat. "Bite me, please."

I felt his body tense, and I swear if I could read his mind right now, I'd kill him. Just do it you fucking piece of shit, you're good at hurting people. Then, I felt him remove one hand from my face and shift it around my neck, and he pulled me to him.

My hands clasped onto his shirt and I curled my fingers around it, feeling my knuckles rub against his hard chest. He pulled my hair over one shoulder and brought his face to the crook of my neck, pressing his lips against my skin, and my breathing automatically started to calm down.

His teeth grazed my skin and then they sunk in, piercing my flesh. Fuck. I choked out a gasp and fluttered my eyes closed, softly. "I should've listened to Damon," I finally murmured, slowly uncurling my tight grip from his shirt.

The pressure on my neck faded, and I felt the wetness of his tongue glide across me, licking up the blood and soothing my now broken skin. I let my forehead fall to his shoulder but he quickly pulled back, and when I opened my eyes he stood up, looking down at me in annoyance.

Ugh, what now?

"Don't talk to him again." He almost scowled, grabbing a hand towel. I frowned. Okay? He wetted it and squeezed out the excess water, coming back to me. Kneeling, he didn't look at me but breathed out. "He's not here to be your friend. He's here to protect you, and distracting him will only reflect on you." He admitted, attending to my temple.

Whatever. I rolled my eyes and shifted uncomfortably as he pushed my legs apart, and moved between them so he could get closer. "You were being nice and now you're an asshole, again."