Chapter 38 - Axel

7 years ago

I run so fast down the pavement leading toward my house; my breathing is heavy and my heart is beating hard against my chest due to running three damn blocks. I can feel sweat coat my forehead and heat radiate from my cheeks, leaving me all bothered, and I groan in annoyance because now I need a shower.

Taking a right turn, I race through the front yard and as I do I see Atlas and Rafael-Roman's friends barging outside. They fail to hide their laughter as I jog up the porch stairs and almost trip face forward, and I flip them off, soon scolding myself. "Assholes," I say, shoving through them.

"Is that what you scream when Killian gives it to you hard from the back." Rafael laughs more at his stupid comment, and I roll my eyes, trying to stop myself from laughing too but it doesn't work.

"No, it's what I scream when your dad gives it to me," I snide back, a huge grin on my face as I turn my head over my shoulder and shift open the front door.

His jaw drops, and Atlas snorts beside him, watching his friend scowl at him. "You're a little shit." He throws back, and I flip him off once more before moving into the house. Idiot.

I holler out to Creed as I close the door behind me, only for silence to echo into my ears from in the foyer, and I sigh. "Creed, your cigarettes!" I yell and shift my way into the kitchen. Digging the pack from my pocket, I stealthily open the packaging and look over at the living room in case I entered and didn't see him on the couch.

Smiling because the space was empty, I carefully take one bud out but before I can close my lips around it a hand snatches it from behind me. Fuck. I tsk in annoyance and spin around to my older brother rolling his eyes at me. "Si yo fuera romano, ¿qué habrías hecho, estúpido?"
(If I was Roman, what would you have done, stupid?)

Shrugging one shoulder, I pull another one only for it to get taken again, the whole pack following. Ass. He groans and places one between his lips, smacking me over the head as he moves behind me. "Tell you off like I'm about to do." I pause for a beat and turn toward him, and he cocks a brow, waiting for me to do what I said. "You guys can go fuck each other. Julio doesn't care if I smoke, so why do you?"

Pulling out his lighter, he flicks it open and quickly lights the end of the cigarette, taking a puff. "Julio doesn't care-" he stops as a laugh seeps from his mouth and then he coughs, "estúpido maldito niño. And why is it that he doesn't care, Axel? Because he doesn't give a shit if you live or die." He rolls his eyes, and I clench my jaw in irritation.
(Stupid fucking kid)

I closely watch him take another drag and anger boils inside me because I can never do what I want around my brothers. Boo hoo that I wasn't of age yet. Bastards. "You smoke," I state matter of fact, "why can't I?"

Tsking, he places the cigarette between his lips again and takes yet another drag, shoving the pack of them against my chest. "Shut up and fuck off upstairs. Killian has been waiting an hour for you," my brother mumbles with the bud still between his lips and he whirls me around, pushing me out of the kitchen.

I stuff the pack into my jeans pocket and walk through the hall before turning to my right. And jogging not even a quarter way upstairs I stop, watching Creed walk toward the door. "¿A dónde vas? You said you'd stay in tonight."
(Where are you going?)