Chapter 24 - Axel

"Cain fucking Spades," I said, emphasizing the word fucking. I cocked a brow at Kez and walked to the door where she stood, not having the decency to invite the guy inside.

Her eyebrows were furrowed, and I could tell that she was confused. How convenient, because I was just as confused as little Vixen here, except for the wrong reasons. She had no clue who Cain was, which was understandable that she didn't let him in, but then again it wasn't her house. So if he were somebody bad she could've let him pass by and fled for her life.

He smirked, tipping his chin up. It's been years since I last saw this fucker, and we were in school. Jesus. I hated thinking about that shit, it gave me the cringy feeling I got when I heard Creed having sex. Stupid thin walls.

I swallowed the bile in the back of my throat, hearing the long gone groans of my brother still ringing inside my ears.

"Axel Romano."

Groaning, I fisted one hand and pulled Kez back with the other. I hadn't heard the name Romano in years, and I wasn't fond of hearing that shit ever again. Not when it reminded me of the bastard I grew up with.

Clearing my throat, I shifted my hand out. "Santiago." I corrected, trying my best to keep collected, and not give away the irritation that spread through my veins. He took my hand after a beat and shook it, releasing me quickly. "Is she your bird?"

Pursing my lips to the side, I turned my shoulder back and tilted my head sideways, gazing at Vixen. "Are you?" Asshole. I knew that, but I never said I cared.

She looked at Cain for a second before staring back at me, her facial expression visible with annoyance. I could tell she was mad. What for? I had no idea, or perhaps I also didn't give a shit. Okay, partly because I was restless and didn't have the energy to care.

Rolling her eyes, I looked down and saw her flip me off, and I chuckled, fixating my eyes on Cain instead. Little shit. "Indecisive bird. Can't seem to figure out if she wants me or my brother."

He laughed and stuffed his hands into his pants pockets, glancing at the floor. A smug smile appeared on my face, and I looked to the side, watching Kez storm away like a kid. Normally I wouldn't let her leave until she acted maturely, and if she didn't, then I'd fuck her mercilessly. But I had more important things to do.

"You going to invite me in, or should I go fuck myself?"

I scoffed, turning on my heels. "Close the door," I motioned my hand and shifted into the hallway. "No small talk, why did you decide to come into my life again?"

"Roman called, told me you guys had trouble at the warehouse," he stated, suddenly shifting to my side, and slapping a hand on my shoulder. I groaned and gazed at him, my face dead. His nostrils flared as he breathed out, his face emotionless. "And since you're terrible at what you do, I'm here to help."

Pausing near the stairs, I turned to him and tipped my chin up. "You know I could kill you within a second, right?" I swallowed, the silent beats that passed had me itching to punch a fucking wall.

"I'm sure you could, but I bet I could put a bullet through your pretty little heart before you could even reach for that gun." His eyes bounced from my face to the gun on my waist with an amusing smile spread across his.

A beat or two passed, and I was getting more and more pissed off. I needed to put a bullet through someone to move past this irritation.

"Scar, why don't you come on out, sweetheart."

My brows furrowed with confusion, watching in curiosity as a dark-haired chick followed closely by Cain's side.

I nearly laughed at their naivety, "You don't think I have a few assassins pointing a gun at you right now as we speak?" I was bluffing like shit, but no one seemed to catch on.