Chapter 51 - Axel

Hands gripping the steering wheel, I step down hard on the accelerator, racing down the streets recklessly-not giving a single fuck where it can land me. Anger pumps through my veins, it's hot and vicious-I feel like I'm on fire as heat crawls all over my skin. I've never felt this heated before and I hate it. I tried different things to calm myself down but none of them seemed to work, not that I gave them much of a chance.

My brother was arrested and sent to jail, next prison, and the person responsible is Killian. Fucking Killian. Nothing-not even the slightest bit of fresh air can calm me down. But the only way I know how to stop this anger from levelling up is to fix the issue that gives it fuel.

Swerving to the left, a groan rumbles up my throat as I speed down the street Damon lives on. I'm frustrated that I have to do this at his house, but what choice do I have?

Every Friday Killian stays there and he's never allowed out past midnight-not even to sit out in the front yard-so I can't drag him to some place else. But, I guess it doesn't matter, either way Damon will know I killed him and he'll hate me regardless if I did it here or not.

Glancing to my right, I take a glimpse of the gun sitting in the passenger seat and my jaw tightens, nostrils flaring. The anger I feel only increases but something else also clicks. Vision blurring, I twist my head forward, gasping. I step on the brake, cursing out loud as I almost crash into the back of a parked car in front of me.

"Fuck!" I yell, gripping the steering wheel so tight I can feel my hands start to cramp up. Swallowing, I blink once and loosen my grasp, feeling tears roll down my cheeks. Two beats pass and I sob. Why the fuck am I crying? "Fuck! Fuck! Fuck!" I shout, slamming my fists against the wheel.

I'm already high on guilt. I've never hurt somebody this way before let alone kill them, and Killian isn't just somebody. He's my everything-was...but someone so meaningful and important doesn't just become nobody to somebody the next minute after choosing to make one horrible fucking decision. And it's easy for some to look at you differently after you've done something shitty, but I wasn't that person. And when you love someone so hard it's not easy letting them go.

Crying out, I cross my arms over the top of the wheel and drop my head forward-resting it against my arms. I close my eyes, staying like this for a minute or so. I can't feel this way-I shouldn't. Killian threw my brother under the bus, who's to say he won't do it to me next, or Roman-my whole family? Were he and I even real? Jesus.

"C'mon," I whisper, teeth gritting. A beat passes...two, I pull back and look at the gun in the passenger seat to my right, then quickly reach over and grab it.

I swing the car door open and jump out, slamming it shut before rushing toward Damon's house. I glance around the place, biting my bottom lip nervously. The neighbourhood is quiet, most of the houses are dark-asleep-but D's is still awake. I can see a dim orange light through one of the front windows, a lamp probably on, and a bedroom light on upstairs.

Huffing, I brush my hands through my hair and then wipe away my fallen tears; fixing myself up. If Damon sees me a mess he'll start asking questions, then I'll get annoyed and probably hurt him, too.

Dropping my arms, I start walking down the front yard, and just as I get near the steps the door opens. I freeze and quickly hide the gun behind my back, blinking at the girl who yells 'bye' and closes the black door behind her.

Adelina? What is she doing here?

"Axel, oh, my god!" she says cheerfully, as if she's been looking for me for a while and finally found me. "Do you know where Creed is? I've been looking everywhere but I can't find him."

I swallow and glance at the house behind her, shaking my head. "No," I lie, slowly walking up as she walks down. "What're you doing here?" I then ask, curious.

"I thought Creed would've been here." she shrugs, turning on her heels.

Staring at the back of her head, I tilt mine to the side and squint my eyes, tightening my hand around the gun. If she wasn't leaving, I'd have to kill two birds with one stone. I loosen my grip after a few seconds, and as soon as she jumps into her car and turns it on, I whirl around. Lucky, lucky, little bitch.

"Hello," I say loudly, closing the front door behind me. The house creaks above me, as somebody walks around upstairs, and I glance up.

"D, where the fuck have you-" Killian stops at the top of the staircase, a little surprised to see me. I tip my chin up slightly more and raise my brows, and he glances at the gun and then back at me, swallowing hard.

"Lucky me," I say, clenching my jaw. Damon wasn't home...how convenient. Not more than a second goes by and he runs, making me chase after him. Bastard. I make it to the top just as he rounds the bannister, and I don't think nor hesitate pulling the trigger back. He ducks as a shot fires, it misses and hits the wall instead, making me groan.

"Axel, don't!" he shouts, looking over his shoulder. I sniffle, firing again, but it misses for a second time. Fuck! Racing down the hall and into his room, he slams the door behind him, and I hear a click as it locks. I'm quick to react with aggression-grunting and banging on the door as anger bubbles hot in my veins. "Axel!" I hear him cry, again, and it riles me up higher.

My chest heaves fast, nostrils flaring, I kick the door twice and yell, "Open the door!" I collide my fist against the wood a couple more times but it remains intact. Going two paces back, I curse out loud and then shoot forward, lunging my leg out. With all the rage I've gained, I kick the door in, and the impact sends Killian falling onto the floor.

I don't rush in, instead I stand at the foot of the doorway and raise my arm without question. I only pause for a moment and I can feel myself falter. No... "C'mon," I whisper to myself, again, re-adjusting my hand around the grip of the gun. He looks at me with tears in his eyes-pleading for me to drop the weapon. I don't know why but it irritates me. "C'mon! Do it!" I snap, hitting the side of my head with my free hand out of fury.

"Axe-"

In a short second, I whimper, dropping the gun in an instant. I...I shot him. My stomach churns-bile burns the back of my throat, and as I swallow I wince.

"Axel!" I hear somebody yell. It sounds like Roman. God, I'm starting to hate my own name, for Christ's sake.

Carefully, I turn around and take a few steps forward, then I find myself running. Roman dashes up the stairs, yelling things at me that I don't catch-trying to stop me, but I get past him without any trouble. I just want to get out of here. I need to.

...

Pacing around my room, I mutter nonsense to myself, gripping my hair with both hands. My face is wet-soaked from my tears. I haven't been able to stop crying since I raced home, and my head pounds because of it. My heart hurts, too, and I don't like it. I have no right to feel this way yet I can't make it go away.

Groaning in irritation, I stop and sit on my bed, leaning my elbows on my thighs and cupping my face in my hands. I stay like that for a few moments, letting my tears wet my hands. "Hermano." I suddenly hear from outside my door.

"Go away," I manage out, voice hoarse. Roman ignores me and strides in, anyway. "I said-"

"It was a set up," he says. Huh? I lift my head and pull my brows together, staring at him with a confused expression. He sucks in a breath before speaking, "Julio knew about Creed's deal...he was the one who got him arrested."

What? no... The world around me instantly freezes, I place a hand over my chest and grip my shirt in my fist. The air I breathe then becomes thin, making it hard for me to breathe. A strangled moan only comes out of my mouth and I shake my head.

It only means Killian wasn't arrested because my father wanted it to look like he was at fault...

...

a/n - it may not be Sunday for me anymore but it is for others, so this update still counts. I don't wanna hear it.