Chapter 21 - Axel

We all have our demons to deal with. Ones that we either fight or have already fought. As Strixfield's most notorious killing machine, I still fucking had mine. It ate me up, and I still had to come out the other end, though something was stopping me from doing so.

My little Vixen had her demons too. I could tell she was hiding them or at least trying to. Though, as I seemed not to care about hers, even after I helped her through the trouble that was going on inside that pretty little head, I did care.

I knew she didn't realize it or had any fucking clue I was going through shit-whilst I still am, she helped mine-my demons. I suppose I owed her.

Two days ago a girl sat on my lap, oblivious to the fact that she was about to meet fate; her fate, death. Well. I liked to consider the fate was I-I guess you could call me the Grim Reaper, I felt as though she sort of knew that, though. I mean you're sitting on Axel Santiago's lap, princess.

Anyway, killing her was easy, and unlike the time at the bar a couple of weeks ago I didn't need to look away or let the guilt that still lingered around me trick me into setting the poor soul free.

It was Kez that kept me out of my head, or well, she was inside my brain keeping me distracted from the shit that always kept me captive inside my head. So, technically I was still stuck in there it's just that she was there this time. I didn't mind her.

She embedded herself there, and she didn't even fucking know it; her slim body I could eat up-it was there, the short fucking skirts she always wore, the soft of her skin on mine, her tight wet pussy aching to be stretched by my cock.

Her fiery attitude. That's what kept me going. When she fired back with facts, or simply just wanted to be a brat because why not get on Axel's nerves-that is what I liked most. It kept me from running to the back of my mind-toward my past.

It helped me up my game, and to be a better Santiago. I could do my job without any distractions. Now, I didn't know if that was necessarily good or bad, because when I didn't think about her I thought about him, instead, and it kept me from killing. I became sloppy and was at risk of becoming vulnerable in front of my enemies.

But once I thought about her, I killed. I did my job and wasn't sloppy at it.

I wouldn't sit here and let everyone tell me that she was bad news, that she was wrong for me, or whatever. I wouldn't even fucking sit here and tell myself that, genuinely. It wasn't like she made me commit my heinous crimes, I'd been doing that shit long before I knew who Kezanel Solace was.

Jesus Christ that girl was something else. Little shit.

Crossing one ankle over the other, I slouched back in my seat, phone in one hand and a tumbler in the other. I looked down and swirled the whiskey inside, palming the phone flat onto my thigh.

It's only been an hour since we took off, and Vixen had been complaining about the last thirty-none stop. The jet wasn't satisfactory enough for her, how I find that particularly crude. Her prissy little ass made me laugh.

"I'm bored. This isn't spacious enough. Why have that there-this is stupid-you aren't rich like you say you are."

That shit had me and my brothers express carelessness, yet we found it hilarious. I guess daddy had it better in the bank than us.