Chapter 10 - Kez

Screw this, and screw Axel. He had no right to lead me to that point. If anything, I should have the privilege of doing so. A man that doesn't let you finish, is a man you shouldn't keep.

Oh, and Creed can go to hell. I was batshit crazy, huh. That fucker made me laugh and really got on my last fucking nerve. I thought about running-I really did, though I was hesitant about it at first, then I made the exception. As he kept his head in the crook of my neck and his arms up against the door behind me, keeping me trapped between him and the door.

I slowly and steadily shifted down, then under his arm. The breath I held in flew past my lips and I forced a swallow, taking a step away from him. Suddenly, I had spun around and yelled at Creed to get the fuck off me. How convenient.

He bit me like a blood-sucking leech, and one thing let to another. It escalated to me throwing wine bottles at him which he seemed to enjoy-he sent the same smirk he gave me on our first encounter, so I wouldn't put it past him that he didn't enjoy such events.

And as for Axel, he was up to something but I had no idea what it was. Of course, I'll figure it out in no time. Sure, he was hard to read though I think I have a way of getting through to him.

Groaning, I raced up the stairs and slammed the basement door closed behind me. I needed to shower and get rid of Axel's smell that lingered on me, it stuck to my clothes and I didn't want that to be a reminder of how he teased me. Such a fucking tease. Although the rich coconut smell of him and the cleanliness of his washed clothes didn't bother me.

I presumed he had got out from the shower before that, his ruffled wet hair told me so. And it was a look I was quite fond of, but it irritated me-I didn't want to think like that because then I'd start to think more about him. Shit

Before I could have the chance to rush up to the room, Roman was at the top of the stairs, staring down at me with an arched brow. It's like I've done something, again.

"I have stuff I want to discuss, Kezanel. Join us in the dining room," he requested, walking down and past me. I sighed heavily and followed behind, leaving a wide space between the two of us.

Roman gave me-how do I say this, calm and scary energy. He was so calm about shit. When I was attacked by his brother for assuming...he didn't look affected by it which had me sort of concerned. Idiot, idiot, idiot. What am I thinking for fucks sake.

Nevertheless, it was also scary. I mean imagine how he handled his victims-or said, bad guys. He'd be so nonchalant about it, and that's how I knew to be afraid of him, not Creed. Axel hadn't told me who he was talking about when he mentioned that he wasn't the one I should be afraid of, but I knew who he was referring to.

And he hadn't known what he was talking about, because Creed was obvious, so it didn't scare me as much. But Roman, oh, I didn't know how scary he could get which kept me on the edge, but what I did know is how fearful I was of him.

"R-Roman," I stuttered, watching him half turn. Oh, god.

He raised his eyebrows and tilted his head to the sighed, waiting patiently for me to go on. "I...sorry for-"

Clearing his throat, he strode over to me and placed his finger under my chin, tilting my head up slightly. I swallowed, feeling his warm touch and my cheeks start to heat up, causing me to blush. "No need to apologize, I'm not bothered by it. You have the right to be suspicious of us." He nodded slowly and moved away.

As he stalked down to the room he paused just at the threshold and tsk-ed. "Oh, and Kezanel. Ignore Creed," he said, walking into the room. Well, shit. Didn't expect him to not give a single fuck.

Sighing, I rushed to the chair and plopped my ass down, crossing my arms over the table. Roman seated himself opposite me and suddenly Creed was at my side, shifting his chair closer to mine.

I looked at him and pulled my face into a scowl. He smiled as if he were so fucking kind and then winked, turning his attention on his brother instead. I cursed inside my head, gazing away. The chair Axel pulled out squeaked across the floor and he sat adjacent to me, not batting a glance at me.

Fucking asshole. It was as if nothing happened, although Creed acted the same except he acknowledged my presence.

"First," Roman said, furrowing his eyebrows at the dickhead next to me. "Why are you covered in wine?" He asked, shaking his head.

"Little One did it, and she didn't clean up her mess-oh, I think your most expensive wine is spilled all over the wine cellar's floor." That little fucking shit did not just out me right now.

Roman rolled his eyes, then darted them at me. "I don't have much to inform you all on," he admitted, leaning back in the chair. Seriously. "We are out tomorrow-all of us. I and the boys have business to take care of, and Kezanel you'll be with Ricky."

My heart almost sunk, I thought I had to kill people with them-totally wasn't cut out for that. I was happy to be out with another Santiago, a better one. Ricky was cool and I liked that, we'd be best friends before he even knew it.

"Ricky is in school, Ro-"

"Actually he graduated," I cut him off, stating matter of fact. They all dropped their eyes on me and furrowed their eyebrows in question. "He told me tonight-wait did Damon leave," I groaned, pulling my crossed arms over my chest and leaning back on the seat. "I didn't get the chance to say goodbye."

"I'm going to kill that little shit for coming over here!" Creed shot up and pushed out his chair.

Axel cleared his throat and rolled his eyes as I looked at him, and I heard Creed sit back down. He hummed, "Perhaps Kez could come with us instead," He suggested, shrugging his shoulders. "It'll keep her occupied and she can learn just how we do business," he said, turning his head to me.

His dark eyes fell on mine and he tilted his head to the side. "She can't stay in this house all the time. She should be useful, not useless," He added, smirking.

That motherfucking asshole just claimed I was useless. I'd show him just how useful I could be.

Roman sighed and gazed at me in thought. He probably thought I'd get in the way and distract them from their job. "I suppose," he answered slowly. "Kezanel can come, but you have to keep her on a leash."

Oh, for heaven's sake. I'd never get in the way because I was smart enough to stay out of shady shit.

Suddenly my jaw was being grabbed and my head whipped toward Axel. I shot my arms out on the table as I was leaned slightly over it. His fingers dug into me, and I groaned, clenching my jaw together. "Oh, I can do that, hermano," he declared. "...absolutely." Winking, he let go and stood up.

I swallowed and sat back, watching him leave the room without uttering another word. Soon Roman mirrored his actions and nodded at me, which I offered back, and Creed still sat silently beside me. I watched from the corner of my eye as he shifted a hand to my neck and hummed, caressing my skin gently.

That was funny, I thought Creed being gentle wasn't a thing.

Huffing, I glared at him as he kept his eyes glued on my neck and his finger that danced over it too. "Why get a tattoo that says bitch, and why on your neck?" He questioned genuinely, shifting his gaze up to me.

Groaning, I rolled my eyes, slapping his hand away and standing up on my feet. "To answer your first question, because why not."

I quickly pushed in the chair and stood right in front of him. Feeling more confident, I looked at him and brushed a hand through his black hair, my fingers curled and I tugged, causing his head to jerk back.

He grunted out and grabbed my hips, pulling me in between his legs. "And as for your second question, every time you shove your face into my neck it's there to remind you that you're a bitch." I harshly ripped my hand back and shoved at his hands that gripped me, smiling through my annoyance.

Then as I dashed for the hallway, I flipped him off. Suck on that, prick.

...

a/n - this chap was boring but the next will be worth it :)