Chapter 46 - Axel

Bullets, blood, and death. It was all I could think about-all I fantasised about and all I would see once we stormed through the inside of that warehouse. Ever since I understood why Kez broke down after she killed Diego I hadn't been able to stop thinking about getting my hands dirty. I needed to hurt somebody. Today was my lucky day.

Although, I wanted to take out my built up anger on Gabriel and every other scum who had scarred my girl, but I couldn't do it. Not now, anyway. My brother was caged like an animal inside Julio's den, beaten for sure, and he was our main priority-Kez reminded me that every time I tried leaving to find those pricks who hurt her...she put my brother first.

And I promised her, once we were done with this-with Julio, those bastards wouldn't live another second in our city, with their hands nor their dicks. I killed for the people who were important to me.

Gawking at Kez across from me, I watched her pay attention to nothing but the magazine in her hand. She was so concentrated, placing each bullet one by one into the slot. "Are you okay?" She spoke.

My brain clicked and I blinked, furrowing my brows as I looked up at her. "What?"

"Are you okay?" She repeated, "you seem lost."

I licked my lips, took a small breath in and then out. "I'm fine, are you?" A tiny smirk perked up at the corner of my mouth.

She pressed her lips together and gave a small nod. "Let's go kick ass," she said, pushing the magazine into the gun and then hopping out of the truck.

I huffed and grabbed my gun from under the seat, jumping out myself. Rounding to the back of the truck, I tossed the weapon over to Damon before turning to Roman, catching the knife he threw to me. I always liked knives better, they were more fun. The satisfaction of jamming a blade into the human flesh, twisting it and watching the life slowly drain out of somebody was more pleasurable than a bullet that flew and killed quickly.

There was no fun if it all happened fast.

"Stay close," I ordered Kez and then nudged my head toward the warehouse. Roman and Damon circled the back and Kez and I stealthily slipped through the front. We walked a few paces through an aisle but then I stopped us to glance left and right, continuing cautiously when there was no one in sight.

"Axel."

I turned my head over my shoulder and looked at Kez, pulling my brows together. She sounded unsure about something. "Yeah."

"What's gonna happen when this is all over?" She asked, sucking the corner of her bottom lip between her teeth.

"We're gonna go home." A tiny smile played across my face, and she frowned. "I'm kidding," I said, letting a breathless chuckle past my lips. Sighing, I slowly trailed my eyes up and down the tall aisle, tightening my hand around the grip of the knife. "My brothers and I will go back to terrorizing the city that's Las Vegas."

Pausing at the curve, I put my hand back, stopping her. I could hear a voice, it was muffled but still audible enough to know where it came from. It was opposite us; at least two rows down. I twisted on my heels, opening my mouth only for it to be closed.

"And us?" She peered up at me and her honey eyes fell a deep brown, as she waited patiently for my reply. Her eyes held a spark, like she was excited about what I said before I had even said it.

"What's something you wanna do? It can be anything." I shrugged, turning back around.

"Uh...produce and direct," she replied. Huh?

Humming, I carefully curved to my left and then quickly ran behind the crates to my right, glancing past the corner. I clenched my jaw at the guy on the further end of the aisle. "Produce and direct what?"