Chapter 16 - Kez

That was petty-I'll admit. But I had to remind that thick skull of Axel's who I was around here-nothing! A whore. I asked Creed to play along and I cringed when he agreed to it, though I was surprised at how fucking good he was at kissing, and he tasted so yummy. I could still taste the cinnamon on my lips, mixed with the cigarettes he smoked.

I was so sure that he wore chapstick.

Once I noticed Axel creep down the stairs I knew where it was going, and I was right. It only happened once, but I was getting the feeling that he would become possessive, even though he claimed he didn't care about me.

His face twisted in pure jealousy and I saw his fists clenched tightly, knuckles turning white from how hard they were balled. If he saw me for more than someone who gave pleasure, then he should've just told me instead of coming up with this whole lie about who I was. For what reason did he lie?

I knew I was becoming something more. Hell, Creed even knew shit wasn't right with him, or perhaps he took the opportunity to kiss me. Dumbass

That poker face he so well put on was slowly starting to peel away, and I could see the emotion he probably tried so hard to keep hidden. My father would tell me a man allowing you to see emotion, is a man becoming weak. So, maybe he thought flipping the script and treating me like shit would keep him strong. Feelings were a weakness.

You cannot be weak in front of your enemies, because they'll use your weakness against you.

The Santiago's were killers; ruthless, powerful, and malicious. They were the most feared all over Strixfield-they had no fucking time for weakness.

I was a debt. Nothing more nothing less.

Sighing, I pushed through the back door, strutting toward the pool. It was a nice day out, and so I decided to take a dip and soak up some sun whilst the boys were out doing god knows what. I was kept in that damn house too much that it was slowly eating at me, plus, Roman demanded I stayed here-unless I wanted to find myself in more trouble.

I understood why he didn't want me to come wherever they were going, I also understood why I was trusted least in this house. Goddamnit. Blowing it over for myself already.

My mind wandered to the water floating in front of me, and I hummed. Tossing my towel on the pool chair, I made my way over and stopped at the edge, dipping my toe in. The cold water shot through my foot and I quickly pulled back. Fuck this.

Don't be a bitch, I thought to myself. On a count of three I'd jump, instead of wasting time by going in slowly-body part by body part. Three...two-

Suddenly, I was in the air, dramatically flailing my arms and legs, and screaming for my life before my head went completely under the water. A heap of water rushed up and into my nose, making me squirm, and I quickly shot to the surface, coughing and trying to catch a breath as I swam to the edge of the pool.

Rubbing at the water in my eyes, I looked up, and through my sort of blurred vision, I saw blonde hair. "You need to work on your diving, it's...wonky." My sight came back and I glared at the prick above me.

Ricky was a little shit. Groaning, I brushed my wet hair from my face and gestured a hand for the towel. "What the hell was that for?" I growled, snatching the towel from his hand. He laughed.