Chapter 35 - Kez

"Prick!" Shouting, I tumbled to the ground, grazing my hands and knees on the concrete surface. Then I turned over for a second, sitting on my ass as I watched the black car speed away before hopping up and racing inside.

It was no surprise they knew where we were staying, but somehow anxiousness crept inside me, the feeling of unsteadiness taking over because I knew they could come back at any given time. Dashing through the foyer, I almost choked on a sob, seeing Creed sitting at the bottom of the stairs-hands tangled through his hair, fingers tugging at the roots.

"I never thought I'd be glad to see your ass," I said, a smile curling upon my face, and he shot his head in my direction; a sigh of relief fleeing past his lips. He stood up, and I ran to him, wrapping my arms around his waist.

Chuckling, he brushed his hands over my hair before tipping my head back, and I peered up, pulling my brows inward in curiosity. "Axel's in the kitchen going crazy, Little One." He told me, nudging his head in the direction.

Tilting my head to the side, I pulled away and cocked a brow at him. "You're high. That's probably why." I shrugged, "and your nose is bleeding, by the way."

He rolled his eyes, wiping the blood with his finger, and then he pushed me toward the kitchen, following closely behind. "Your boyfriend broke it, stepping on the brake pedal too hard, and I needed something to numb the pain," he said, groaning, and I laughed, turning left-passed the staircase, through the hallway and then right, scurrying into the kitchen.

Standing an inch away from the island table, Axel had his arms out, hands gripping the edge of the counter, and his head was bowed between his shoulders, frustrated grunts coming from his throat.

I strode over, placing my hand on his bicep. "Axel," I muttered, trying to pry him out of his head with my soft tone. His neck straightened and he looked to his right, letting me catch a glimpse of pure relief and thankfulness before he pulled me into his embrace, hugging me tightly.

"Please, tell me he didn't touch you," he mumbled, voice hoarse and pleading. I felt a zap against my heart like his body created some type of energy and sent it across to me, letting me know how much he worried and cared.

Warmth spread across my cheeks, and I pulled back a little, allowing his hands to cup my face. "He didn't," I whispered, smiling half-heartedly. But soon a question popped into my head, and I narrowed my eyes at him, surprised that he wasn't yelling at me for leaving when I wasn't supposed to. "Aren't you mad at me? for disappearing on Damon."

"No." He brought me in, gently placing a kiss on my forehead. His voice was restless as if he was too concerned to be mad at me, and it made me smile, knowing he would rather be disquiet than angry. "I just wanted you back."

I slowly nodded, and then gasped, remembering the envelope inside my pocket, so I grabbed it and gave it to him. "It's an invitation from Julio," I said, putting my hands on my hips. "I told the bastard to give it to you boys himself when you showed up, but...you didn't." I huffed, folding my arms over each other and watching him pull out the card inside.

Creed suddenly walked up behind me and snatched it from his brother, making him growl in annoyance. I whirled around, peering over to get a view of what it had said. "An invite to a ball? What is this? The eighteenth century." He rolled his eyes before shooting a look at me, tapping his finger against the edge of the card. "Did he say anything else?"