Chapter 27 - Kez

"A restaurant?" I questioned, slamming the car door closed. "I thought we were fighting bad guys." Frowning, I curved around to the front of the car, watching Roman follow in my footsteps. "Is this a date?"

He groaned and rolled his eyes, brushing his hands down his suit jacket. "We're here for information," he said. That was all he said before treading along the gravel, leaving me to chase after him. Oh, my god.

I forced a swallow as he pushed me in front of him, keeping his hand on my lower back. My eyes shot up and scanned the place, every person in here looked like a fucking criminal. Jesus Christ, Roman. A couple of eyes turned on me, and he moved to the side, settling his hand on my hip, fingers pinching my exposed skin.

Humming lowly, I peered up at him, watching his eyes fall on mine. "You couldn't cover up?" he whispered, though just loud enough so only I could hear.

Rolling my eyes, my gaze returned in front of me and I grunted out, pulling the hot pink bikini bra I wore more over my breasts. I always found them more comfortable than a normal bra, and the bonus was they made your boobs sit up better. Oh, and much easier for Axel to undo when he wanted to take it from the back. Fuck.

"I know you like what you see, Ro, don't deny it."

Sighing heavily, he scurried us toward the back, curving a corner and into a small corridor where nobody was. The silence filled the air, and I stiffened, feeling his touch no longer lingering on me but the cool breeze that brushed past.

You're anxious, not scared. You never go out in public. God.

This time he proceeded to move in front, looking over his shoulder to make sure I was following, and I was. I followed Roman's lead as he stepped over the threshold, landing inside a tiny but spacious office room. Staying behind him but just off to the left, I pulled my lips into my mouth and gazed at the guy before us. Wow.

He was buff, and looked unsettlingly mean; his eyebrows were furrowed together, dark eyes made him appear to be more serious, and he had a shaved head-tattoos covering him from head to toe, but the face tattoos are what caught my eye. Fucking Axel.

"Cassie," Roman muttered. Cassie? As in a girl's name. What the hell? I licked my lips and locked my arms behind me, patiently standing on my feet awkwardly.

The guy cleared his throat, "It's been a while, Santiago," he said in a deep voice; a Mexican accent just clear, and he leaned back in the chair. Cocking one brow, his attention shifted down and glued onto me, causing my jaw to clench in agitation. "Who's the girl?"

"She belongs to the mayor-secret daughter if you will." Roman happily told the guy, grabbing my arm and pulling me forward. "Pretty little thing, isn't she?"

For fucks sake. He laughed and straightened up, taking me in from head to toe. "Very. I'm glad your mother doesn't take a toll on you anymore and you let women back into your life."

I gazed up at Ro, seeing his face twist out of its amusement, and anger flashed across instead. He didn't glance at me but let go, brushing his hand on his clothes as if I was some ick he didn't like. What the fuck? Something Cassie said set him off, but what it was, I had no idea.

Breathing out slowly, he cleared his throat and sat down, crossing one ankle over the other. "I wouldn't ever let that happen, Cassius. Besides, she's rather Axel's type." He looked at me and smirked, allowing his eyes to fall down my bare legs, then back up to the hem of my skirt. "In every place possible," he whispered this time, shooting his hungry brown eyes on mine.