Chapter 8 - Kez

The boys left. I heard a roaring engine of a sports car go off under the floorboards beneath my feet. They were gone-which meant I could and would do whatever I wanted.

Oh, but they left about approximately five hours ago-I believe the time was four-something pm. And yes, I'd been in this room for longer than that because I was afraid to step out of the four-wall space that...sort of kept me away from all dark things on the other side of the door.

After what happened yesterday, I wasn't capable of wanting to see or hear from any of those fuckers. If Creed put his hands on me again, I'd be forced to do something I'd regret. Seriously regret. I think somebody was inside the house, I heard voices earlier.

I did remember Axel coming in to check on me and to let me know they weren't going to be here for a while and that I could explore the house-but not to try and escape, because I'd regret it. But for the most part that's all that registered through my brain, I was half asleep so whatever other shit came from his mouth completely went through one ear and out the other.

When I woke up before though, I saw a duffel bag at the end of the bed and it was quite literally about to explode. I unzipped the bag and it was full of clothes and other things I needed. Thank you, Jesus. I assumed they went on a shopping spree-or at least had somebody do it, and told them exactly what I liked.

Which was odd because they knew nothing about me. I didn't care what truthful things came from Creed's mouth, he mentioned nothing of my style and so forth didn't know anything.

But I guess the lack of covering up my body gave them an insight into what and how I liked to dress. I'd be lying if I said my choice of clothing didn't look completely skimpy, but that's how I liked it, mostly because I loved pissing off Gabriel.

If you didn't dress like some slut, I wouldn't be ashamed to call you my daughter. Worthless child.

I wasn't a princess and he didn't own me, or my body. He wasn't about to put me in appropriate and responsible clothing because that's what "normal" people should wear. No, that's what he wanted but I wouldn't let him have it. I could wear what I wanted-whenever I wanted-for whatever occasion, and I couldn't care less about the degrading words that spilled from his filthy mouth.

And normal. There was no such thing.

Sighing, I hopped off the soft mattress and stalked into the bathroom, a bikini top, black laced panties, a skirt, stockings, and a leather jacket all hung over one arm. I stripped and had a quick shower, moving back into the bedroom with my outfit intact once I was finished, and I quickly slipped on my platforms and brushed my hair over my shoulder before making my way out.

Food. I needed something to fill up my stomach, I'd gone hours without eating and my gut was rumbling too much. My legs fled down the stairs and I pranced down the hallway, but I stopped midway, before the entrance of the living area, hearing a faint sound of music and chatter.

Then, smoke wafted in my face, and I coughed, a burning smell of dough was coming from inside the kitchen. What the fuck? Stalking into the living room, I turned toward my left and scurried into another room, what I assumed to be the kitchen, and a misty fog floated in the air, overshadowing the lights above.

My eyes shot open, brows pulling inward, and I stared at the burnt and completely black--what looked like a pizza sitting on the kitchen island. Two guys stood at the opposite end, bickering back and forth at one another. Clearing my throat, I sat down on a stool and covered my face with my shirt to block out the terrible smell.

Both heads whipped to me and they pressed their lips into a thin line. "One, who are y'all, and two, what the hell happened to..." my eyes shifted down on the crusty food before me and I furrowed my eyebrows in mild confusion. "that," I said, looking up at them.