Chapter 44 - Axel

Three days had gone by and Creed was still missing. The silence of his absence inside the house was deafening, the more I couldn't hear his annoying voice the more I felt like I wouldn't ever again.

Roman was doing everything he could to find information on him, where he was, who he could've been with, if he was hurt-if he was even still fucking alive, but everything led us to nothing. He barely slept, ate and showered, and every time Damon or I tried to help we were either yelled at or given the silent treatment. Ro was so fixated on finding our missing brother that he pushed us away. I didn't blame him but he wasn't the only one who was hurt.

And Kez, she was locked up in my room, all day and all night. The one time I saw her was when she needed help in the bath, otherwise, I never caught her on the opposite side of that damn door. It irritated me to the point where I wanted to yell, bust the door down and haul her ass out, but before I could let my anger take control I forced myself back.

I couldn't scare her more than she already was so instead I talked to her, tried to at least. I'd sit beside the door, my back up against the wall and my legs pulled up to my chest, and I'd go on for hours. I hoped to get an answer or some sort of sign that would let me know she was fine-that she just needed some space and time to think alone, but I received nothing.

She was scared and in pain, and it hurt me because all I wanted to do was be there for her but she wouldn't let me, no matter how hard I fucking tried. I found myself wanting to give up on her but then I realized I didn't want to be that person, not for her. And every time I ended up at the door it hit me how much she meant to me.

I couldn't give up on somebody I was in love with.

Sucking in a deep breath, I brought my hand up and just as my fist landed on the door I released the breath and then knocked. I waited for one beat before opening my mouth. "Kez," I whispered, shifting away from the door in case she opened it. I didn't even know why, I knew she wouldn't. "Kez," I uttered again, my voice a little demanding. I needed her to know she had to let me in.

When she didn't answer I raised my arms and placed my hands on each side of the door frame, letting my head drop onto the door, and then I huffed out. "Please, just open the damn fucking d-"

Getting cut off by the door being swung open, my head quickly popped up and I gulped, bringing my arms by my side. She looked up at me, and I clenched my jaw as I stared at her state. She had been crying, her eyes were red and a little puffy and tears stained her cheeks; some still wet and falling. I wanted to reach out, wipe her tears and hug her tight but she would've pushed me away, and I wanted her close.

The only way I could keep her was if I kept my distance and gave her the space she needed. I didn't know if what happened affected her to the point where she wasn't comfortable being touched but I knew that if I didn't try I would never actually know, but it was honestly something I didn't want to find out so I refrained from doing so.

My eyes dropped to her clothes, and for some reason, I found some comfort in the clothing she wore. My favourite black hoodie and sweatpants. But then they shifted to her hand and looking at the cast made my stomach sink and my hands ball up into fists.

"It hurts."

I snapped out of my distraction and pulled my brows together, gazing at her in confusion. "What?"

"My hand," she choked out, wiping her cheeks with her free hand, "it hurts."

Licking my lips, I shrugged one shoulder before shifting out my right hand, waiting for her to take it. "Come," I said, my voice soft and small. She forced a swallow and put her hand out, only stopping when her fingers were just an inch away from touching me. I watched Kez's panicky eyes connect with me and then as her palm slipped on top of mine I squeezed her hand a little for reassurance and watched the fear disappear within a second.