Chapter 23 - Kez

They were on their feet; pacing around, and making calls left, right and center-trying to find out information. Anger was way over the brim at the very moment. They were inside their heads thinking about shit I had no idea about, and I was inside mine. Axel and me, me and Axel.

All I could do was slouch onto the couch and listen to their angry voices whilst the voice in my head screamed at me. We had to fly back home the same day we landed in New York. I was pissed the trip was cut short, but coming back was urgent.

I wanted to talk to Axel about us, well about the shit that we let happen, though I couldn't right now, and it was frustrating. Turning my body around, I leaned over the back of the couch and sighed, watching Roman yell into his phone and Axel tug at the roots of his hair as he paced back and forth.

Creed was slouched next to me, a cigarette in between his lips, and a bottle of scotch in one hand. He looked drained, weirdly enough. I sat on my knees, still facing the other two, and I looked over at him, reaching out to grab the bud. Smirking, I took a drag, blowing out a cloud of smoke in his face. "Why aren't you helping?" I asked, turning back and slouching on the couch, again, passing the cigarette back.

He took it and closed his eyes, resting his head back and pursing his lips. "I'm fucked, Little One," he said, voice low and groggy. "Besides, they have everything under control."

My eyebrows furrowed, and I gazed over my shoulder, looking between his brothers. They seemed to be suffering, and yet they supposedly had shit under control. Fucks sake. "Their miserable," I noted. "And they have nothing under control." That fire couldn't even be under control.

"And I'm high-miserable that I didn't get laid. We aren't the same." Oh, my god. He was such a fucking asshole, they clearly needed him and he didn't even care.

I rolled my eyes and looked forward, licking my dry lips. "Drugs kill, you know?"

"Thanks for the input, genius." Groaning, he pulled my face to his and cocked a brow at me. "You're a hypocrite," he muttered. I could see his dilated pupils, eyes bloodshot from drinking too much.

"I'm not," I sassed, slapping his hand away. "I don't do illegal substances."

"Yes you do," he prodded, and a smile curved on his lips. "Right before we got onto the jet I gave you a pill, you can't deny it." Clenching his jaw, he shifted the bottle to his mouth and stared forward, taking a gulp. Fucker. "Does Axel know he fucked you while you were high?"

Shit. I swallowed the lump in my throat, and blinked at my hands, trying to shake that thought off. I would tell him, I was going to tell him, but things happened and I couldn't. "Maybe it wasn't the drugs that made you so horny-"

"Creed!" I whisper-yelled, shoving my elbow into his side. He looked completely unaffected, and it made me mad.

Glaring at him, I watched his Adam's apple bob up and down, the vein in his neck visible. I pressed my lips together-an image of Axel taking me in his room popped up in my head, and I could feel myself start to pool between my thighs. Wanting to lick that vein was an understatement. Fucking vampire. Jesus.

He sniffled, taking a puff of the cigarette, then blowing the white smoke toward the ceiling. "Maybe you're just desperate for his attention because you're a slut."

I'm sorry? What the fuck? Scowling, I ripped the bud from his mouth and aggressively dropped it into the scotch. Then, snatching the bottle from his hands, I swirled it around before tipping it all over him. He growled out, grabbing the empty bottle from my hand and slamming it onto the table.

"You're a fucking dick!" I yelled, slapping him across the face.

His head jerked to the side, and as he turned to look back at me, a smile etched on his face. "I wasn't judging, Little One," he said, voice monotone. "I think it's hot."

I shut my eyes and raised my brows, pinching the bridge of my nose in frustration. Huffing, I dropped my arm and stood up, curving around the couch and moving for kitchen. I shifted over to the refrigerator, pulling it open and grabbing out a water bottle. "Could you pass me a beer."

Groaning, I grabbed one, spinning to face Axel. I closed the door, slowly stepping up to him and pressing my mouth into a thin line. "You're tired," I mentioned, moving my arm behind my back. He tsk-ed, shifting out his hand for the beer. "It's not gonna help, Axel."

Sighing heavily, he ran his fingers through his hair. "Give me the bottle," he groaned, taking a step closer. I shook my head, moving backward. "Kez, give me the fucking-"

Shoving it at his chest, I cursed under my breath and pushed past him. If he cared enough about the shit that was going on, then he'd get his head straight to focus properly. I didn't even know why I gave a shit, but I did. Sucking in a breath, right before I headed upstairs I made a pause, listening to a knock come from somewhere. What the?

My eyebrows furrowed and I stalked down the hallway, getting to the door at the end, and opening it ajar. There was someone at the front door, just an outline of a figure, hands stuffed into their pants pockets. I looked back, cautiously moving into the foyer and slowly striding to the glass door.

They were going to knock again but I pulled it open, arching a brow and pursing my mouth in thought. "Who are-"

"Cain."

I peered over my shoulder, seeing Axel eye me intently. I swallowed the thick saliva in my mouth and moved back. Who the fuck is Cain?

...

a/n - another crossover?? Maybe 😏