Chapter 18 - Kez

I crept downstairs, my bare feet tapping lightly on the hardwood floor. The sound of rain fell throughout the house as it pattered against the glass windows, shadowing the outside world and making it seem as if there was nothing on the outskirts of the house.

When I awoke from my nap I noticed the boys had fled, again-like last time. I turned to the nightstand and saw a piece of paper with little black ink written on it. Am I everywhere, yet? I was mildly confused, though I tossed it into the bin because I knew it was Axel. I didn't know what he was trying to tell me but it was stupid.

Strange silence echoed into the living room as I walked through, making my way into the kitchen. I was surprised they trusted me enough to stay home alone, well, that I thought until Damon ran through the kitchen from the back door.

His hair stuck to his forehead from how wet it was, and it looked darker, making him appeal to me as Axel. "Hey," he said, taking off the soaked jumper he had on, and stalking over to the fridge.

"Damon?" I breathed out slowly and furrowed my eyebrows, questions running through my head. "Why are you here?" I asked, taking my seat and grabbing the bag of chips that sat out on the island alone.

He hummed and peered his head over the fridge door, "To accompany you," he smiled and closed the metal thing, striding over to me and sitting just off to the side of where I was. I frowned. He groaned, "I'm here under The Santiago's orders to guard you-protect you. Babysit you, fuck. I don't know." Rolling his eyes, he popped the cap off the beer bottle and gulped it down halfway.

Well, shit. "Rough day?" I questioned, pulling out a chip and munching on it.

Sighing, the bottle pulled back from his lips and he gazed at me, looking as though he was deeply in thought. "Have you eaten?" He asked, completely ignoring my question.

"What does it look like." Squinting my eyes at him, my arm stretched out stealthily and I quickly snatched the bottle, guzzling the rest down my throat, and feeling the bitter alcohol slide downward. "Fucking gross," I coughed and handed it back, empty.

Tsk-ing, he hopped off the stool and pressed his pretty red lips into a thin line, almost scowling at me. I chuckled, shifting onto my feet, too.

Spinning on his feet, he walked past me hastily but grabbed my wrist, hauling me along with him into the hallway. "What're you doing?!" I exclaimed, skidding my feet across the floor as he pulled me without my consent. "D!" I shouted.

He growled and tightened his hand around me, fingers digging into my skin. "Damon, let go!" Yelling, I grabbed onto the banister as we curved around it, and he tried pulling me up the stairs. "You're hurting me," I cried out, fisting my tiny hand around the wood.

"Fuck," he cursed out, immediately unwrapping himself from me. "Shit. fuck, I'm sorry."

My head shook and I swallowed, "You're fine." I paused, glancing at my wrist and slightly rubbing it with my other hand to soothe the burn. "But what is up with you?"

Looking up at him, his face twisted in guilt but he quickly shoved it down, shaking his head. "How much of the house have you explored?" How fucking much of the house did you want me to explore, it was a mansion, but damn, I wasn't about to run around and search every nook and cranny.

I huffed, "No." That's all that fled past my lips. I just woke up not long ago, I didn't have time for this shit. The bed was waiting.