Chapter 30 - Axel

Maybe Ricky was right, maybe I should tell her-start small. I wouldn't pull her to the side and tell her everything in a matter of one minute, I couldn't exactly unload all of my pent-up rages onto a plate and hand it to her. Here, enjoy my fucked up mind, and hopefully, it doesn't fuck with yours. Better yet, I hope you don't become my fucking therapist.

Jesus. That would be one hell of a nightmare. Of course, I'd tell Vixen anything she wanted to know, considering all she did know was Axel Santiago. The youngest sibling of the three most ruthless killing machines had no heart and liked to toy with people and their emotions-poker face perfectly sculpted while doing so, in advance to terrify you more because you had absolutely no fucking clue what he was thinking.

I couldn't tell Kez shit about myself because other people were up my ass every minute telling me to do so. No, I wanted to be the one to tell her willingly-not be forced into it. I wanted to get myself together with the right mindset and tell the little Vixen everything she needed to know in a time and place I felt was necessary.

If I were to do this because I wanted to and not because other people wanted me to, then I would. And I'd make sure it was the right move for me before anything went down.

My plan for Kez was only to get in her head and toy with it; play with her emotions in such careless manners. But, as time passed you could've said it slipped my mind, though now I've realized it just wasn't something I could continue to follow through with.

And I wouldn't. I couldn't afford to waste my and my brother's time, we had business to take care of, and it came first because it was far more serious.

I didn't think I'd be here, with her. It wasn't as though I decided to always think about Kez, or what she was up to-what her little mind thought about every second she spent with me or simply thought about me when I wasn't there. I wondered what she would think if I told her how much I thought about her, enjoyed her company-even if she was yelling at me, or how much I wanted to spend time with her rather than be on a job.

God. Or how much I hated the thought of her with another man, especially if my brothers were involved, and I didn't care if they were in the same room simply chatting, unless I allowed it then it shouldn't happen. The Vixen was completely mine, and I was possessive over the things I owned.

To say she brought some type of light into my dark tunnel would be true, but I couldn't let her know of it, yet. When I found the right time I'd tell her everything, and I'd do it before it was too late.

Pursing my lips in thought, I took a fist full of Mercecai's hair into my hand, tugging his head back, and with my free hand I pulled out a knife from my jeans back pocket, flicking it open. "Now is your chance to talk, because you won't have a tongue to do so after," I said, my voice flat of emotion.

He chuckled, struggling to keep his eyes open due to them being bloody and swollen. Creed was here earlier beating the shit out of him to get answers, and even if not, it served the fucking prick right.

I hadn't forgotten what his men did to Kez, and her fresh scars were there to prove I wasn't over it. I was still mad, so his torture would be amplified.

"I have nothing to say to you," he gritted, hissing as I stabbed the end of the knife into his chest. "If that's your way of torture, then aren't you giving misinformation to people. They think you're psychotic, but you're just a fraud."