Chapter 47 - Kez

Laying in bed, I stared up at the ceiling, letting my brain zone out for a bit. Issues by Escape The Fate played through the AirPods sitting in my ears, draining out the howls and whimpers coming from Creed downstairs. They were so loud the whole house shook. And I had the volume up almost all the way but I could still faintly hear what was happening.

Somehow, where he was sliced, there was a broken piece of blade stuck inside him-whoever tortured him had stabbed him and snapped the knife while it was still plunged into his abdomen-and the boys had been trying to get it out for the past hour. And I ran upstairs to block out Creed because I couldn't stomach his painful cries. They were brutal.

It scared me when he stopped breathing, but this, this terrified me. I wanted to run far from the house so I didn't have to listen, but music was my greatest option to drown out the horrid sounds. But my thoughts, well, not so much; that was until I put all of my focus onto two nights before.

When Axel was going to tell me the truth, I was hesitant at first, I thought that whatever he'd say would scare me away, that the previous bubble I had felt between us would grow more and more until we were separated.

But then the second I learnt about how Julio was a manipulative liar and he killed Killian-despite Axel being the one who pulled the trigger-the thought disappeared. The push I felt between us had stopped, and I felt so relieved, to know the truth and to know that he wasn't responsible.

But there was still some weight on my shoulders still present, I had yet to tell him about why I was so triggered the night of Julio's ball. Once I found the courage to speak up about what Gabriel did the heaviness slowly started to become light, the more I let out the more the weight of the world lifted off me.

And when Axel comforted me I realised I was no longer alone, I had him. I had no one back then. I was glad, really, really fucking glad that I finally had somebody by my side.

Pulling my bottom lip into my mouth, I elevated myself up onto my elbows, taking Creed's phone into my hand. I couldn't believe I had lived two months without a phone, but I guessed when you were living with criminals the last thing on your mind was a phone. I paused the next song before it could start playing, removing the earphones and placing them back into the case.

Silence drowned my ears, and I sighed in relief only to then groan when I heard Creed howl again. My stomach twisted with a knot, making bile slide up the back of my throat. Swallowing, I hopped off the bed and threw the phone down onto it before I disappeared from the bedroom, making my way downstairs.

I slowly paced toward the kitchen, putting my thumb into my mouth and biting on my nail as nerves crawled up my back. Stopping under the archway, I found it difficult to pull myself together, tears began to sting the back of my eyes and my hands shook, making me drop them by my side. Tilting my head up, in front of me I watched the boys handle Creed.

He sat on a chair, almost slipping off the edge, and Axel and Damon were on each side of him, holding him down whilst Roman worked on taking the blade out.

"Drink this," Axel said, shoving a bottle of vodka into his brother's hand. He took it without a second thought, chugging it down like it was nothing. I kept my gaze on him, watching how fast his chest heaved up and down, and sweat coated him from head to toe. It looked as though a bucket of water had been poured over him entirely.

"Keep still," Roman growled.

More cries escaped past his lips, and nausea crawled up my throat faster, making the sting behind my eyes grow stronger. I tried speaking to get somebody's attention but nothing wanted to come out of my mouth, but when a single tear fell that was when Axel snapped his head in my direction.