Chapter 54 - Kez

Gazing up, I watched as rain started to fall onto the window, little dots of water sticking to it. Dark grey clouds rolled in a while ago and quiet sounds of thunder, too. The dull, ghostly atmosphere outside made the space inside the jet cold and glum-the screaming silence only making it worse.

I thought today was going to be a good day despite the beautiful bad weather. Julio was no longer a problem and we were going back to Vegas. But nobody seemed to be uplifted by it. There was no light surrounding any of us-not even a crack.

Everyone seemed lifeless.

I was confused. I mean, a part of me knew we'd all be a bit exhausted-distant-but I thought I'd see at least a smile. This was just miserable. You'd think we were coming back from a funeral.

Sighing, I pulled myself out of thought and looked up at Axel. He looked down at me not a second after, letting the corner of his mouth slightly curl up into a small smile. "Are you bored?" he asked, merely whispering.

"No. Are you?"

"Just a little," he said, turning his smile into a devilish smirk.

I chuckled, shaking my head as I sat upright. "Come lie down with me?" I stood up and shifted out my hand for him to take. He breathed out and then grabbed it, standing up, and I moved us into the back.

As Axel quietly shut the door behind him, I found myself heading into the bathroom. Pulling a bottle of painkillers out from the pocket of my hoodie, I uncapped the lid and spilled one pill into my hand before capping the bottle.

"Why is your shirt off?" I questioned, taking the pill into my mouth. I glanced at Axel as I leaned down over the sink, turning on the faucet to take a drink.

"Well, I was hoping to get you on all fours, but you seem to be in pain."

I smiled widely at that, shutting off the tap. "Actually, I think the pain in my hand is gone," I said, walking to him. He chuckled, leaning off the door frame. Lifting my arms, I wrapped them around his neck, and he circled his arms around me, running his hands down over my ass and then the back of my thighs. I quickly received the signal and jumped.

Swiftly turning around, he took us to the bed, gently laying me down. I kept myself around him, a soft smile now playing on my face as I looked up at him. He licked his lips, staring at mine, and I lifted my head-carefully pressing my lips with his.

I kissed him slowly and delicately, letting him feel the tenderness of my lips against his and the warmth of my tongue lapping with his. The kiss was overwhelmingly affectionate. It felt so good. But it was short lived.

Laying my head back, I breathed out, running my hands along Axel's shoulders. "You okay?" I suddenly asked.

"Of course. Why?" He answered quickly, furrowing his brows in confusion.

"I don't know." I lightly shook my head, shrugging one shoulder. "You guys- everyone doesn't look happy."

"I know," he said, biting his bottom lip a bit. "But, I guess, killing Julio doesn't erase what he did."

Parting my lips, I then pressed them together, tilting my head to one side. "Yeah," I whispered. "Well, maybe I could cheer you guys up."

"Yeah?" He responded.

I sent him a small smile. "Yeah."

"What do you have in mind?"

I blinked and then swallowed, leaning up to kiss him again. He moaned, elevating himself onto his hands, and I placed my arms back around his neck. Then snaking an arm around my waist, he pushed off the bed with the other, lifting me with him-keeping his lips against mine.

He spun around after a few beats, taking a seat on the bed this time. I could feel him through his jeans much better like this. "Mhm," I murmured, trying to move past his tongue as it dominated mine, and when I lost I pulled back. But it was mainly because I wasn't finished talking. "Wait, could I tell you what I have in mind first?"

He only nodded, leaning forward to trail kisses under my earlobe and down my neck. "I, um, I think it might be too soon, but-" I started but paused, resting my hands onto his bare shoulders, then I let my eyes fall closed once he stopped and sucked my sweet spot. "Axel," I moaned out his name, pushing him as I felt his hands travel under my hoodie. I couldn't let this go further. At least, not yet. "I-I was thinking we could pay Gabriel a visit."

"What?" He muttered so fast against my skin. I leaned back a little and gulped, and he raised his head, furrowing his brows. Then he searched my eyes for a beat. Looking for what? I had no idea. "Why- why do you wanna do that?" He asked. I just shrugged.

Truth was, I hadn't given it much thought-or any thought, actually. But, I just knew it was something I wanted to do. Besides, Gabriel owed me. A lot.

"I want him to have no one and nothing, just like I did," I said, tipping my head down. Suddenly my eyes became blurry, I blinked and then tears fell. "I hate him, Axel. He hurt me and then he gave me away to three criminals, who are more my family than he ever was." I chuckled through my tears, sniffling.

He lifted his arms and cupped my face in his hands, forcing my head up. "Whatever you want, I'll make sure you get it, okay?" slowly swiping both thumbs under my eyes, he nodded. I returned it, hugging him.

A few beats soon passed, I wiped my wet cheeks and snuggled my head into the crook of his neck, pecking a kiss where his shoulder met his neck. We sat here together for a bit, soaking up the silence, and as the seconds went by, I started falling into a daze. My mind only ran to Roman.

"I'm sorry Roman had to go through that," I muttered.

He only swallowed hard. Sniffling, again, I pulled back and sucked my bottom lip into my mouth, tilting my head to the side. Axel stared at me and his eyes lit with curiosity.

A little smirk then grew on my face and I slowly glided the pads of my fingers down his bare chest and stomach, all the way to the button on his jeans. "Are you still up for this?"

"Up for listening to you moan my name?" He questioned, grabbing my face into his hands. "Fuck yeah."