Chapter 25 - Kez

"Keep the ice on that," Axel demanded, pointing at me with one hand while holding an ice pack on my left eyebrow with the other, applying the tiniest amount of pressure.

I groaned and held onto it instead, leaning my head back on the chair I sat on. I didn't think tonight would end like this, although I should've known better, but I was stubborn. I still let it happen because I wanted to prove myself, weirdly so. I guess I did. I took down three guys before I got outwitted.

That tracker Axel gave me was unnecessary and completely fucking useless, but it was hot. "I killed three people tonight." My voice came out in a whisper; barely audible how I intended, but he still heard. I needed to get that shit off my chest, and I needed to do it fast. Fuck.

Swallowing, I sat in the chair properly and tilted my head forward, looking down at him. He furrowed his eyebrows, not having the courage to look at me, and focusing on the cut on my thigh instead. I hissed, the stinging sensation spreading up my leg when the alcohol wipe touched me.

I didn't like this. He wouldn't give me anything, not even one glance. "Axel," I said, licking my lips. "Say something."

He pulled his bottom lip between his teeth and hummed, gazing up at me. "Are you okay?" Am I okay? What the fuck, seriously? That's all he had to say-all he wanted to ask was if I was fucking okay. Jesus Christ.

Rolling my eyes, I removed the ice from my head and huffed, peering out the windows of his bedroom. "I'm fine." I looked back at him, giving a half-hearted smile while trying my hardest to stay calm and not start an argument.

Shaking his head, he grabbed my arm and placed the ice back over my sore brow, earning a growl from me when he pressed too hard. "Why are you always looking for an argument?" He questioned, placing a small bandage over my thigh.

"I don't-"

"Yes, Kez, you do." Tsk-ing, he straightened up, and my gaze followed. "You want me to scream at you, huh, because it's your life and you can do whatever the fuck you want with it." Scoffing, Axel pressed his lips together, standing in between my legs as if waiting for me to poke at him until we broke.

Clicking my tongue on the roof of my mouth, I looked away and stood up, turning and heading for the door as I shoved the ice pack to his chest. "I'm tired." Is all I said, but he stopped me, tugging me backward.

"Did I say you could leave?" He frowned down at me. "You're staying with me tonight, and you won't complain about it," he ordered, casting a warning look my way.

I shook my head and pulled back, "Afraid a monster will come out from under your bed and eat you." I pouted, bringing my hands up and making a crying gesture.

He rolled his eyes and tossed the ice pack on the bed, and then placed his hands on my waist. Curling his fingers under my hoodie, he pulled upward. "What're you doing?" I spoke louder, my voice sounding defensive, and I slapped his arms away.

"Don't think you're hopping into my bed, you look like Carrie." Chuckling, he put his hands back, and I let him pull off the hoodie. Asshole. "I'll turn on the shower while you undress the rest of yourself," he insisted, tossing the clothing behind me before pressing a kiss to my jaw.

Watching him turn on his heels and disappear into the bathroom, I sighed, and unzipped my skirt, allowing it to fall on the ground. Then I unclasped my bra and pulled off my panties, throwing them somewhere in front of me. Gazing up, Axel stood at the threshold, the hot pink panties hanging from his index finger.

I gulped as he walked forward, getting closer to me with each silent step he took. This was going to go somewhere I particularly didn't mind, though, I wasn't lying when I said I was tired, so I didn't think it should happen. "Axel," I whispered, peering up at the man whose eyes I couldn't seem to stray away from.