Chapter 42 - Kez

"You don't leave my side or D's, got it?" Creed uttered as he stepped by my side and grabbed my hand, sliding his tattooed fingers through mine. My brows pulled tight together and I looked up at him, seeing an innocent smile spread across his face. "If you stare at me any longer I'll fall in love."

Rolling my eyes, I tugged my hand out of his and moved slightly to my right-where Damon stood, and I grabbed his hand instead. "Can we please just get this over and done with," I said, my voice a bit low and less confident. I moved my hair in front of me and straightened my stance, looking at Creed to my left.

The furrow of his eyebrows didn't go unnoticed nor did the confused and curious expression on his face, but then he gazed forward and let the muscles in his face relax, making himself seem emotionless. Then sucking in a deep breath, he huffed out and nodded, shoving his hands inside his pants pockets as he made his way towards the double door entrance.

I swallowed and before I could let out the nerves in me that wanted so badly to seep from my pores Damon gently squeezed my hand and quietly reassured me everything would be okay, and I smiled without a glance at him, knowing he'd see it. I trusted D as much as Axel, maybe even a little bit more.

We made our way past the entrance and found ourselves in a large foyer, where there were surprisingly a few people scattered here and there. It was no surprise, though, the people around were all of high status: most likely from allied Cartels and mafias, and other dangerous shit I wasn't familiar with.

Nobody seemed to pay much attention to either me or Damon but with Creed, it was another story. And as we opened the other pair of doors-which I presumed on the opposite side it was to be the ballroom-the attention on him increased by a huge fucking number. Everybody's eyes were glued to where we stood, some judging and some curious, I swore I even heard a few gasps. But most of everyone's attention was set on Creed.

They stared as if he was some alien in a room full of humans, sticking out like a sore thumb because he was different. I think we all knew the real reason for their obnoxious and rude stares.

Slowly moving further in, people made room for us to get by, and as we went past the little voices here and there as they whispered amongst themselves still managed to echo into our ears. Everything I heard I didn't understand but Creed did, and I could see how much their words were slowly affecting him.

Letting go of Damon's hand, I reached forward and gently took Creed's instead, shuffling to walk beside him. "Is everything okay?" I peered up at him, slowly raising my brows. Even though everybody was starting to pay attention to whatever they were doing before, he still seemed tense about it.

He only glanced at me and slipped his hand from mine, in a way that made him seem angry, and I frowned. I watched him ignore me and move away, his movements quick, like he didn't want to be seen with me. Groaning, I stepped back with D and stayed close to him as I was told.

"Don't mind him, he's sour in a room full of sweet." I almost jumped, hitting my hand over my chest at the unexpected voice drumming into my ear. Looking to my left, Sicily smiled at me as she linked her arm with mine, and I chuckled.

My eyes scanned the beautiful crimson dress on her as she pulled me and D along, her long black hair and the blood red of the dress complimented her tanned tattooed skin, making her look so effortlessly gorgeous. I was curious how Creed got so lucky to have her as his best friend.

We stopped on the opposite side of the ballroom, where there were doors that headed outside onto a terrace and where Creed stood, a mean look on his face. He was irritated, and I wasn't sure if it were that everyone was staring or because he was inside the same room as his dad. Which, by the way, I hadn't seen around nor that I cared to look, anyway.