08. Accept The Challenge

'Bless you god
Bless you bro, sis
I’ll give you mercy'

"Exactly what you heard. Trade your queen. I'm here to mate with Alpha Lisa."

"What!?"

"What!!?", Lisa and the old King sprang up from their seats. Hearing the rogue alpha spewing nonsense, Lisa felt rage building inside her almost ready to pounce on the other.

"What nonsense are you spewing!? You know very well you can't mate her!!", The old King roared. Lisa held herself back from attacking the rogue.

"Why? Is there any problem that I can't mate Alpha Lisa?", Jungkook raised his one eyebrow and asked while smirking. The King took his his indication while seething in anger. But he had absolutely no idea how to react.

"You... You both are alpha. Obviously there is problem. You can't mate with an alpha.", The old King tried to sound firm but somehow it faltered under Jungkook's dark gaze.

He smirked yet again while eyeing Lisa up and down in slight disgust. But he didn't let it show on his face and bored his gaze on the older alpha.

"We are rogues. And we do not have such rules as these. We can mate anyone we want. And I am here to offer mating relation to your one and only descendant, who happens to be Alpha.", Jungkook stated the obvious. And the king felt dejected.

"If you never were aware, then i would like to inform you that I have already mated with an Omega. So the mating offer is not valid anymore. I'm apologetic to deny your humble offer.", Surprisingly Lisa answered in a calm voice. And everyone in the court felt relieved momentarily.

"Oh, then I must not have make my intention clear yet for you to answer me like this.", Jungkook sighed dramatically.

"Isn't there this rule to ascend the throne? That you have to either mate with the royal descendant or kill them. Then I would have to challenge and kill you, since you're choosing the hard path. In short, I want to ascend Busan's throne."

"What nonsense!!! You dare to stand in my court and threaten me!!! Guards!!!!

Arrest them!!!", Lisa growled loud making everyone flinch and guards rushed with their swords unsheathed.

One moment they rushed at the trio and the other moment two of the guards who were first to reach them had their heads cut off. And it was so fast no one in the court among so many people could even see what happened.

Minho, the second alpha with Jungkook along with Hwasa already had his sword in front in defensive stance, making rest of the guards halt in their places.

Jungkook didn't even flinch or showed any emotion.

"Tch. There's no need for bloodshed. For a King, you surely don't know how to handle such matters. Making enemies on the first day itself?", Hwasa mocked making Lisa grit her teeth in rage. Jungkook came forward while crossing the pool of blood that was still flowing from two dead guards. He stood unbothered and looked at the King and Lisa respectively.

"That's why I came here to offer you this. Busan needs a competent King besides you. Or better, 'instead of you'. Think about my offer. Or get ready and accept the challenge for fair battle.

Because Jeon Jungkook never retreats until he has possessed what he wants."

____________________

"Have all the rogues settled Minho?"

Jungkook asked as he entered the mansion he was offered to stay in. It wasn't much bigger, but he didn't care. He wasn't used to live in one anyway. Still he was provided with much facilities.