55. The Tale From The Past

'My eyes wonder the world, but heart remains the same.'

The cold nights like this often would bring back some memories. Some sweet, some bitter.

And Jin was lost in some similar of those.

Every since this world has born, he has been here and has witnessed numerous things. Good and bad both. If things are good, it's all good. And if they're bad, then that's what he is there for.

Everytime things start getting on bad side, he descends on the earth.

The Moon God himself.

During such one of his voyages, some 4-5 centuries back, he saw a Prince.

This Prince was like a sweet dream for him. Even though he himself was a God, the Prince was even more than that for him. Brave and very handsome.

Namjoon was his name.

So Jin started visiting Prince's kingdom often, in hopes of meeting him. And soon the they came face to face during the Prince was out hunting at the river.

That sealed their fate.

Both the Prince and the Moon God fell crazily in love with each other. Nothing could make them happy other than each other.

But things again started getting bad, and they were caught. They were unnatural pair in other's eyes. So Namjoon being a human, was punished with curse to fall in a slumber for very long time. And Jin was cursed to go back in sky and go through waxing and waning every 15 days.

Jin could visit earth whenever but he could never visit Namjoon in the cave unless it was full moon. Namjoon happily accepted the curse because he was happy as long as he could feel Jin from the cave even in his slumber state.

Ever since then, they would eagerly wait for the full moon so Namjoon could wake up for a night and Jin could visit him...

Till today, it continued. Their pure love brought them immortality and tranquility even in these conditions.

'Its not the best. But we still have each other and it's the happy ending for me. And everyone has their happy ending.', Jin though smiling looking at the sky.

He remembered that night years back....

Flashback:

"Jinnie... He hit me again!!"

Jin looked pitifully at the little boy who was sobbing hysterically. His little fists were clenching over his face which has gone red from crying and also he could see some finger prints over his little cheek which was swollen painfully and apparently was the reason why he was crying.

"Jaehwanie... Stop crying...", Jin said while taking the boy in his embrace. Trying to calm him down. But the boy couldn't stop crying. The boy always acted very strong. He never even let out even a whine against anything. But if he's crying this badly now, something must have happened.

The boy's clothes were looking worse than some servants. If anyone would see him like this, no one would believe that this is the Prince of Busan.

"Will you tell me what happened?", Jin asked in a soft voice. The little 7 year old pup looked at Jin with his beautiful doe eyes still stained with tears.

"Lisa lied to her father that I was stealing the sweets and when she caught me I screamed at her!! But that's not true... I didn't even eat anything since yesterday. Yet he... he slapped me and punished me to starve whole day...", Jaehwan cried out. Jin's heart clenched at the sight.