23. A Little Gift

'Only your warmth melts my cold heart
That I’ve kept hiding under my skin'

The night was chilly.

Even though he had a layer of knitted shawl worn over his frame, the windy wasn't helping at all as he wrapped the shawl even more tightly.

Jimin knew he was doing a huge mistake, but he couldn't seek help of Lisa. Because he asked for it once only for Lisa to show indifference about such a serious matter. So he had decided that he would look into this himself.

Yeah, he knew it was dangerous go and meet some random alpha alone, sure that he could hurt him many ways, he wanted to give this a try. He knew what he was going to demand. Well aware of the Alpha's nasty intentions. But he was ready to face it.

Actually, he had never left the palace where he was made to stay ever since he was a child. And after his parents' death when Lisa's father took him in on Lisa's demand, he didn't retort much, nor did he ever questioned the wall created for him by Lisa.

But it felt great to finally go out. And most importantly, do something. It felt thrilling. No, it's not like that. He was feeling sorry that those Omegas were missing. And even more worried that his anklet was taken by that savage. But it felt great to have to solve this on his own. He better do this on his own. Not like he had anyone to depend on anyways.

It was pretty late since all the atmosphere was filled with dead silence. Not even the guards that were on night duty were on high alert. Jimin had sneaked out after making sure that Lisa wasn't going to wake up till morning.

Soon he was at the shore of the vast river that was flowing in steady stream, mirroring the unending black sky above. The moon and stars dancing on the water playfully. As scary as it was, Jimin found the sight pretty captivating. But his attention was soon grabbed by a black figure that was waiting for him patiently, hunched over the sand pretty engaged with himself beforehand. He just silently inched over the Alpha eyes curious and mind cautious.

"You're finally..."

"What do you want? Be quick.", Jimin said not before maintaining a safe distance making sure that he was not in Alpha's grasp range.

"Aren't you pretty demanding for someone who is in trouble? But I will let it go since you kept your promise. Now, I want you to build a castle. Here, I even helped you collecting the shelves for your castle.", Jungkook said holding his gaze steady on the Omega.

"What I thought—"

"That I will demand your body? Come on. Not every Alpha is like your bitch of a mate.", Jungkook chuckled mockingly which made Jimin frown.

"So you called me just to play here? Do you take me as a joke?", Jimin was frustrated. Angry even. This savage of an Alpha was taking him for a joke, making fun of him. Jungkook laughed. He laughed out so loud that it was almost humiliating. So humiliating for Jimin who never had any wolf ever even slightly disrespecting him. Let alone a savage wolf.

"You must be insane to think that you can play me just because you're an alpha and me being Omega. Those poor Omega's you and your filthy Alpha has caught have families that are waiting for their return. They have better lives than to become your mere playthings. What do you think of yourself, huh? I came here just to make a real deal, not to play with you!! And you take me for a joke?", Jimin growled as he shivered in anger. Jungkook stared down the Omega's face that was glowing under the light of the lantern he was holding. He let a moment of silence pass before smirking.