54. Just Maybe

'It may not be better, but it's just meant to be.'

Jimin was sitting alone in the dungeon. That too was his luck that he wasn't kept with other criminals.

Usually the dungeons were reserved for those who were very cruel offenders. Even though he was alone, the place wasn't getting any less scary. The cold hard floor was causing his skin scratches at every little move. The air was smelling pungent like something was kept to rot for years.

In a way, it was.

Because people locked up in the dungeons are locked up for their whole life till they die. Cells are for normal criminals. But the dungeons were known as death. Once you come here, it was to never see the daylight again.

And Jimin was scared of the dead bodies of the former criminals that still might rotting and lying around. So being alone was quite scaring as it is. His scent had turned stale, no more smelling like rain.

On top of that he hadn't been eating at all because of the nausea he was getting because all of the stinky smell around. He almost had vomited when the guard brought food for him which some kind of stinky leftover stew. When it's smell got mixed up with the pungent and rusty smell of the dungeons, Jimin vomited his guts out after the guard left.

Even in that state, there was an alpha guard who was keeping watch on Jimin. Keeping watch in the sense, eyeing him up and down.

Ever since the Omega was brought in, the whole dungeon was smelling like his fresh rain Omegan scent. The smell was strong and a little withered, but addictive nonetheless. All the offenders who were in the dungeons were going crazy over it. But still unable to get a taste of that delicious aroma.

Jimin had closed his eyes with difficulty, tired of all the drama he has gone through. All of sudden, he felt a hand roaming on his arm. He jolted awake to see an alpha guard hovering over him.

He shrieked and crawled away from him to a corner.

"Just a bit...", The Alpha guard said in a daze as he raised his hands towards Jimin to touch him. His eyes were flickering untimely.

Jimin tried to make himself smaller. The touch of any Alpha other than his Jaehwan felt like thorns to him.

While the Alpha had no intention to stop. He didn't even look like he was in his right mind. He was just driven by Jimin's pure Omegan scent. So he became braver to possess Jimin all to himself or at least get a little bit of taste.

Jimin tried scooting away as far as possible.

"Hey, what are you doing inside?", Before he could touch him, Jimin heard someone call our from outside the dungeon. In no time the Alpha was pulled back and it made Jimin open his eyes to look at his saviour.

A small smile spread his lips to see Chanyeol standing there.

"Do you want to get punished to visit this Omega without permission? Don't you know, no one is allowed here?", Chanyeol said in stern voice that made the Alpha cower a little.

"Please don't tell anyone. I didn't know what came over me. Otherwise I would never have acted like this.", The Alpha begged to Chanyeol.

"I won't. Now be gone.", Chanyeol said and the next moment the Alpha was gone without any word. After he made sure of his departure, Chanyeol turned to Jimin. He immediately crouched down in front him.