37. How To Be Fine

'My heart with an open wound
Is already full of your fingerprints'

(Warning ⚠️: Violence, Mentions of rape)

Jungkook held his cold glare in front steadily trying to observe the changes in atmosphere that were obvious.

It had been only a few days since their last meeting. At that meeting Jungkook had cleared his side by making his intentions clear.

Busan.

He wanted Busan. But Lisa had not make any moves to go against him but neither to agree with him. The question was still the same. The work of barrage was nowhere near stopping. And he knew, it was high time for Lisa to take a decision. Any decision. Whether hand over the kingdom or get ready for the battle. And he was honestly getting annoyed by the wait.

"So what have you decided?", Jungkook himself decided to break the silence, boring his eyes in the head of the female Alpha he despised a lot.

"We have already tried to make some a settlement. We gifted you Nakdong forest as a humble gift and also as a form of treaty. It was you who decided to take advantage of that. Even if you don't have any royal background, we tried to make some friendly relations with you, us being royals. Do you think you play fair?", Lisa stared back at Alpha with her icy cold glare. She held that tone confidently so that she could devour Jungkook's confidence. But on the contrary Jungkook just let out a silent chuckle.

He looked at the heap of courtiers who were just good for nothing. They just attended the daily court, sat their showing off their ranks and tried to get on a good side of Queen and King to get an increment or two.

"Alpha Lisa, this is known as politics. You being royal, I thought you knew that very well. But I think you didn't learn anything from your good old father. He knows how to play very well, don't you old majesty?", Jungkook smirked at the Old King who sat few steps down from Lisa's throne. His face hardened as Jungkook mocked him in front of whole court. But he knew he shouldn't expect a civil behaviour from some rogue. So he kept quiet.

"Alpha Jeon, I think you might want to take a look at this.", Lisa said and flicked her fingers at Jinyoung. The old beta brought a roll of paper and handed it to Lisa. She looked at Jungkook for moment to read his expressions.

"This is the treaty ammendment of Busan with Daegu. Busan has been friends with Daegu since years. And if we send one letter to Daegu, whole Daegu army will be standing here with us to banish you.", She said in dead serious voice with a sinister smile.

She knew she has trapped alpha in right place. Daegu's current ruler was Min Yoongi. Jungkook's father. He himself had handed the reigns of Daegu to his father after killing the former King. And if she makes his father to stand against him, Jungkook would definitely back out rather than going against his own father.

The whole court started murmuring. Some heaving a breath of relief, some were praising Lisa, some were just enjoying the show how the rogue alpha was going to react at this.

Jungkook looked for a moment before releasing a breathy chuckle. The whole court fell into fit of silence once again. No one could understand why the Alpha was laughing.

"You sure didn't learn anything from your father Alpha Lisa. That's what happens when you get the throne in gift. Instead of earning it...", He said and turned towards his wingmen.

"Hwasa. Send a letter to Daegu and request to send the revision of ammendments. And also tell them to send a special copy that mentions clearly that ammendments' duration shall stay intact unless the ruler decides or the ruler changes.", He said and the whole court errupted in gasps. Hwasa bowed her head.