↳ 𝟬𝟲 ❝ [ ¡𝗧𝗿𝗮𝗰𝗸𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗕𝗮𝗱 𝗚𝘂𝘆𝘀!] ❞

✧─── ・ 。゚★: *

✧─── ・ 。゚★: *.✦ .* :★. ───✧

"CAREFUL OR YOU'LL BREAK IT."

(Y/N) warned Peter as they both stood over one of the tables inside one of the school classroom, where most students were busy working on their own machinery and didn't pay them any mind.

After spotting the energy core last night, Peter had taken it in his responsibility and brought it to school for further investigation. The core was still glowing pink, put it didn't explode or cause any more damage as Peter hit it with a hammer.

"Hey, thanks for bailing on me," Ned appeared behind the duo, standing on (Y/N)'s side.

"Yeah, well, something came up," Peter explained, lifting his gaze from the weapon to him.

Ned looked down and his eyes widened when he saw the glowing core. "What is that?"

"That's what we're figuring out," (Y/N) began as Peter handed her a screwdriver without having to ask for it, carefully moving the wires around it. "Some guy tried to kill us with it."

"Seriously?"

"Yeah."

"Awesome," Ned muttered with a dreamy tone in his voice as he stared at the two with surprise, but he changed it when he received a frown from Peter and a raised eyebrow from (Y/N).

"I mean, not awesome. Heh, totally uncool of that guy," Ned clarified. "So scary."

"Well, look, I think it's. . ." Peter lowered himself to get a closer look on the weapon and pulled on the screwdriver that he had in his hands. "A power source."

"Yeah, but it's connected to all these microprocessors," Ned leaned on the table and pointed over at the parts he recognized. "That's an inductive charging plate. That's what I use to charge my toothbrush."

"So, whoever's manufacturing these weapons in mixing alien technology with ours," (Y/N) followed on.

"That is literally the coolest sentence anyone has ever said," Ned stated. "I just want to thank you for letting me be part of your journey into this amazing — "

He was cut off when Peter smashed the hammer against the core again and it jumped out of the spot it was wired in, accidentally causing a loud noise all over the classroom. The trio looked back at the teacher to see if he had noticed anything and prepared for the worse.

"Keep your fingers clear of the blades," the teacher only said, his eyes glued on the magazine he was reading in his desk.