↳ 𝟬𝟳 ❝ [ ¡𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝗦𝗰𝗵𝗼𝗼𝗹 𝗧𝗿𝗶𝗽!] ❞

✧─── ・ 。゚★: *

✧─── ・ 。゚★: *.✦ .* :★. ───✧

"HEY, IT'S (Y/N) AND PETER!"

Abraham yelled from his spot, leaning on the side of the school bus with the rest of the Decathlon team, who had their bags and suitcases ready for the trip. Ned was among them, and he didn't seem at all fazed when he saw his two friends approaching the group, the rest were the complete opposite.

"(Y/N)? Peter?" Liz frowned.

"Yeah, I was hoping we could rejoin the team," Peter started, elbowing (Y/N) to back him up.

"He's right. We won't let you guys down — "

"No, no way. You can't just quit on us, stroll up and be welcomed back by everyone," Flash came into view, taking an intimidating step towards Peter to make him back up, and (Y/N) was about to protest when a loud voice cut in.

"Hey, welcome back!" Mr. Harrington greeted enthusiastically as he jumped off the bus. "Flash, you're back to first alternate."

"What?"

"He's taking your place," Abraham laughed.

"Excuse me, can we go already?" MJ cut in. "I was hoping to get in some protesting in front of an embassy before dinner."

"Protesting is patriotic," Mr. Harrington nodded. "Let's get on the bus."

Flash removed the yellow blazer from his shoulders and threw it into Peter's hands with an angry frown written on his face as (Y/N) was handed the spare one they had left.

As the entire group got inside the school bus, (Y/N) was already removing her backpack from her shoulders to sit next to MJ when a hand pulled her back to another seat of the bus, more specifically, in the back. Peter flashed MJ an apologetic look after she gave him a questioning frown, but it was nothing compared to the look (Y/N) had on her face.

"What was that for?" she asked.

"You always sit next to me in school trips," he explained like it was obvious. "Besides, we need to focus on our bigger problem."

He whispered the last part, afraid someone else could overhear the conversation. (Y/N) just let out a sigh and dropped her backpack on her feet, and stared out the window as they passed through the highway.

"Focus up. Our next topic is the moons of Saturn," Liz announced once the bus got on motion, leaving its original parking spot and going into the freeway.

Throughout the ride, Liz kept on asking questions to the group as she read from her flash cards, everyone participating having to press the small bell when they knew the answer right away.

"Uh, strontium, barium, vibranium," Peter answered one of the questions, smiling as he pressed his hand at the bell.

"Very good, Peter. Glad to have you back," Liz flashed him a look and a smile could be seen in her face before she turned back to the cards.