↳ 𝟮𝟯 ❝ [¡𝗔 𝗙𝗼𝗿𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗿 𝗚𝗼𝗼𝗱𝗯𝘆𝗲!] ❞

✧─── ・ 。゚★: *

✧─── ・ 。゚★: *.✦ .* :★. ───✧

(Y/N) FELT NUMB all over her entire body as she stood in the deck of the Stark household for the funeral, the rest of the Avengers standing either in front or behind her in silence, everyone wearing black for the event.

The week following after the battle was difficult, especially when (Y/N) and Peter were forced to go back to school after five long years. She could vividly remember how she embraced MJ in a tight hug after hearing that she had been a victim of the Snap too, and was relieved to see Ned pulling Peter in a friendly hug in the center of the hall.

(Y/N) could only stare forward as she saw how Pepper placed the wreath of flowers in the lake with the arc reactor inside, one arm wrapped around her four year old daughter Morgan in the edge of the deck. Rhodey and Happy were behind her, patting each other in the back as comfort while Steve stood with his hands inside his pockets.

Peter clasped his hands together and clenched his jaw as he saw the wreath drift away in the lake, and (Y/N) was standing next to him with her arms wrapped around herself, her fingers softly caressing the sleeves of her black long-sleeved dress. May gave them space and she was right behind the two, placing a hand on her nephew's shoulder and using the other to caress (Y/N)'s hair.

Thor and Bruce were in the back, the god fighting the tears that were threatening to fall as the other passed a hand against his face since the other was placed in a sling.

Stephen and Wong were next to them and stood right in front of the Pym family and Scott, gathered in the side, far from the other groups surrounding them.

Quill, Drax, Groot, Rocket and Nebula all hung their heads low, their team being huddled together, all while Mantis softly swayed from side to side as her way to pay respects.

T'Challa, Okoye and Shuri were standing behind them, the two young women wearing formal dresses while the king wore a traditional attire, dark purple designs imprinted over the sleeves and front side.

The Barton family was gathered in the back, where Laura was softly passing her fingers on Nathaniel's hair while Clint had his arms around Cooper and Lila, his oldest children.

Wanda had one hand inside her jacket's pocket while the other was placed on Bucky's back, the latter having his hands inside his own pockets as Sam patted him in the back.

The young boy Harley was on his own, shifting on his feet uncontrollably while Secretary Ross and Maria Hill were standing behind him, far from the rest of the heroes.

Carol was in the steps that led up to the cabin, hands clasped together and stared ahead that she didn't see the figure of Nick Fury walking from the shadows.

All payed respects to the same man, one who had sacrificed himself for the world, and everyone could faintly see the wreath floating by, the last memory of Tony Stark leaving their sight.

✧─── ・ 。゚★: *.✦ .* :★. ───✧

(Y/N) WAS READY to bit her goodbyes to all the Avengers gathered in the Stark cabin, the cold breeze of air causing her to shiver in her spot as she walked through the porch to search for May and Peter, who were her ride back to the city.

She walked through the crowds until she felt a slight tug on the end of her dress, and this made her stop on her tracks and look back to see what was the cause of it. (Y/N) lowered her gaze to the end of her dress and saw a small hand that belonged to a young girl holding it, staring up at her with big eyes.

"Are you (Y/N)?" the girl questioned.

"Yeah," (Y/N) moved back when she let go of the dress and knelt down to her level. "What's your name?"

"I'm Morgan," she said. "Can you show me your magic?"

(Y/N) burrowed her eyebrows and saw how Morgan's eyes were filled with curiosity and surprise, genuinely wanting to see what she strangely called 'magic'.

"Daddy talked about you doing magic," Morgan continued. "I wanted to see it."

"Your dad talked about me?" (Y/N) asked, her voice cracking when she did so, but the young girl didn't seem to notice.

Morgan nodded and played with the ends of her own black dress, her brown locks framing her face perfectly as she looked at (Y/N). "Can you show me?"

(Y/N) seemed to think about it since didn't want to let the girl down, and lifted her right hand and twisted a finger, blue mist flowing through her hand in a magical pattern. The surprise was evident on Morgan's face, her eyes widening when she saw the faint blue hues.

"Wow," Morgan breathed, seeing how (Y/N) made the blue mist disappear as fast as it came.

She stood on her full height and dusted herself off, looking down at Morgan, who's hair had fallen all over her face and tried to move it away with her tiny hands.

"(Y/N)?" Peter called from afar before he reached her and Morgan, still being shaken up from the whole thing that he had to clear his throat to change his voice back to its original tone.

"Yeah?"

"May's in the car. We're leaving," he explained, sparing a glance at the four-year old girl before looking back at (Y/N).

"Be right behind you," (Y/N) told him and ruffled Morgan's hair in an affectionate manner. "Hope to see you again, Morgan."

(Y/N) and Peter walked side by side as they reached May's car, both not knowing what to say to comfort the other by the loss the two had suffered, though the girl had it worse. May was patiently waiting for the two, flashing a reassuring smile when she saw that they were approaching and grabbed onto the steering wheel.

(Y/N) would lie if she said she wasn't anxious about returning back to the city. She let out a shaky breath as she reached for the handle to open the car door and Peter noticed her discomfort.

"You okay?"

"I'm fine," (Y/N) shrugged off, and Peter nodded slowly, not knowing how that phrase would become the most frequent lie she ever got to tell throughout her entire lifetime.