↳ 𝟯𝟴 ❝ [¡𝗧𝘄𝗶𝘀𝘁𝗲𝗱 𝗡𝗲𝘄𝘀 𝗥𝗲𝗽𝗼𝗿𝘁!] ❞

📍NEWARK, NEW JERSEY ✧─── ・ 。゚★: *

📍NEWARK, NEW JERSEY
✧─── ・ 。゚★: *.✦ .* :★. ───✧

THE FLIGHT BACK home was too relaxing for (Y/N)'s liking, getting time to rest her eyes after all the wild events back in Europe. Peter had taken the seat next to her on the flight and they sat together for the long hours, comfortably sleeping against the other, Peter's head resting on (Y/N)'s shoulder. MJ was the one to find them in the position and took a photo with (Y/N)'s camera, wanting to tease them about it later.

(Y/N) softly swayed her interlocked hand with Peter's as he copied her motions, fighting the urge to smile down at the hands while they walked through the airport of New Jersey. Families of the entire class were impatiently waiting on the sides, waving at their children with signs of welcoming them back.

"Are you sure no one else saw you?" Peter questioned as they walked behind the group, finally knowing what happened to (Y/N) when she disappeared.

"Yeah, it's not like anyone ever pays attention to me," (Y/N) shrugged her shoulders.

"I do," Peter pointed out.

"Awe, thanks, bug boy," (Y/N) pressed her other hand close to her heart to add effect to her words. Peter playfully rolled his eyes at her teasing but he was already used to the name after all these years.

"You guys are so cute," Betty spoke up while she walked up to the couple with Ned by her side, both smiling at the two.

"Thanks," Peter smiled. "Uh. . .we were thinking we should all go on a double date or something."

Ned and Betty exchanged a look and winced. "Oh, we broke up."

"No. Really?" (Y/N) seemed truly surprised, since she thought that they were perfect for each other after she saw them throughout the trip. "Why?"

"Men and women grow apart, but the journey they shared together will always be a part of them," Ned explained and his eyes looked back at Betty.

She placed a hand in his cheek. "You are so wise."

"Thank you," Ned grinned and Betty walked away without another word, missing (Y/N)'s confused frown and Peter's raised eyebrows.

Ned shrugged and continued his walk to meet up with his family, leaving the couple alone. (Y/N) was still uncertain to go back and stay in with May and Peter through the next days, but Peter continued to reassure that it was no problem and that he enjoyed her company.

The couple walked through the doors of the airport and saw the mop brown, long hair that belonged to May, who seemed to be reasoning with a police officer by her car. When Peter called out for her name, a grin formed on face and she left the officer's side to greet the two.