↳ 𝟰𝟵 ❝ [¡𝗠𝗼𝘃𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗢𝗻!] ❞

✧─── ・ 。゚★: *

✧─── ・ 。゚★: *.✦ .* :★. ───✧

"HI, MY NAME IS PETER PARKER," Peter rehearsed to himself as he walked down the snowy streets of New York with a note in his hand, muttering out the words he was planning to say when he got to see his friends again. "You don't know me, but I — uh. . .Hi, my name is Peter Parker and you don't know me. . ."

He stopped in front of the familiar coffee shop where MJ worked in, and he could see through the window how she was busy behind the counter. "Okay, come on."

He opened the door and heard the old ringing of it, freezing in his tracks when he saw (Y/N) sitting in a table with her backpack displayed on it and a coffee in her hand, her eyes fixed on a notebook. All Peter wanted was run straightly to her and embrace her in a needed hug, but he had to resist his urges.

All of the sudden, (Y/N) looked up from the notebook and her eyes then fixed on the door, and Peter thought she was staring at him until he heard the doorbell ring again as it opened, seeing how Ned walked right past him into the shop.

Peter was expecting to see how Ned greeted (Y/N) like he normally did, which was embrace her in a tight hug and then have MJ join the two, but that didn't happen. MJ only waved in Ned's direction and walked towards him while (Y/N) lowered her gaze back down to her notebook, only looking up because of the noise.

Peter visibly frowned. This shouldn't be possible, it wasn't supposed to be like this. Then it all clicked inside his head. All those years ago, Ned had met (Y/N) after he'd sat with Peter in a class during elementary school, and (Y/N) had introduced MJ to the group after Peter dragged her into the Decathlon's first meeting in high school.

He'd left her all alone, and that was the last thing he wanted for her.

MJ walked from behind the counter as she grabbed a donut from the tray and placed it in front of Ned's eyes in his table, standing a few feet away from (Y/N), who was still looking at her notes until she heard the last part of the sentence. "Doughnut for my fellow Engineer."

"Wait, what?" Ned questioned.

"MIT, they're the Engineers. The mascot," MJ explained, hands stuck in her uniform's pockets.

"Oh, right, right, right. I should probably know that," Ned nodded and then grinned at MJ. "Look at you with the school spirit."

"Tell anybody, I will deny it," she said and then decided to walk behind the counter once again, and he heard the faint huff of a laugh coming from (Y/N)'s table a few feet away.

Peter didn't realize he was still standing at the doorway and then noticed his mistake, taking a step towards (Y/N)'s table once he allowed the random man behind him to enter the shop.

He readjusted his jacket and pushed the loose strands of his hair back, but then he remembered how she used to tell him to let his curls free instead of hiding them back in gel. Peter decided to shake those memories away to clear his throat and call for (Y/N)'s attention once for all.

She hesitantly looked up from the notebook and raised an eyebrow as Peter's breath hitched. "Hi."

"Hey," (Y/N) trailed off her words, and it broke him to see that unfamiliarity in her eyes.

He decided to speak up after a long second of silence. "My name is Peter Parker," he looked down at the note in his hands and gestures to himself.

"That's a straight way to start a conversation, but I'll take it," (Y/N) responded, adjusting herself on her seat to look at him properly. "Nice to meet you Peter Parker."

He thought his next words through, and then he saw how (Y/N) moved her hair away from her face to reveal the faint bruises and cuts all over her face and lips, which caused him to freeze.

"What — are you okay?" Peter asked.

(Y/N) noticed what he was referring to and nodded. "Yeah. I'm just very clumsy, 's all."

Peter nodded at the response, then plucked up the courage to ask something else. "Are excited — for college?"

"Oh, that's a no for me," (Y/N) answered, though the topic seemed like it made her uncomfortable. "My new. . .foster parent is taking me out of the state with them, so I'm not sure that's an option I can take."

"I'm sorry," he said, noticing the emotion in her face.

"It's okay," (Y/N) gave a tight smile. She decided to grab her backpack and sling it on her shoulder, placing all her supplies back inside to prepare herself to leave the place.

"You don't want me to join you on your way home?" Peter offered, wanting to at least make sure that she was living in good conditions.

"You're sweet, but I'll have to let that offer pass," (Y/N) told him. "I'm already used to walk home alone though."

This made his heart squirm inside his chest and moved to the side to allow (Y/N) to walk past him, not before she patted him in the shoulder in a friendly manner. "Nice to have met you, Parker. Hope to see you again."

"Yeah, me too," He choked up.

Peter was too stuck in his own thoughts to notice how (Y/N) eyed him for a small second, as if a hint of familiarity passed through her eyes. She held onto her backpack and walked out the main door, all while Ned and MJ still chatted amongst themselves.

(Y/N) walked away from his sight all over again, and it felt like he was loosing her forever.

✧─── ・ 。゚★: *.✦ .* :★. ───✧

(Y/N)'S KEYS OPENED the door of her old apartment, and she exhaled a frustrated breath at the sight of it. She unconsciously played with the flower pendant of her necklace as she dropped the keys on the table and eyed the boxes all around.

The paint on the walls was peeling off and it was covered in dirt and bugs, and the sinks were full with grime, meanwhile the furniture had dust all around. She was glad that she was finally leaving to another place.

The familiar woman stocked the last box on top of the others and turned to look at (Y/N) close to the door. "Oh, good, you're back. Help me get these out."

"Sure," (Y/N) answered and grabbed the boxes that could fit in her arms to walk them out of the apartment to drop them off in the car.

"You know," the woman said, her accent dripping from her voice. "I'm glad you decided to join me. It will help the both of us to have company."

(Y/N) hummed in agreement and watched how the woman grabbed the rest of the boxes and the two followed out the door, not before (Y/N) said something back to her. "Thank you, Miss. For this."

"I've told you a thousand times, kid," she looked back at her. "Just call me Wanda."