↳ 𝟮𝟳 ❝ [¡𝗠𝗲𝗲𝘁𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝗡𝗲𝘄 𝗔𝗹𝗹𝗶𝗲𝘀!] ❞

✧─── ・ 。゚★: *

✧─── ・ 。゚★: *.✦ .* :★. ───✧

"IT'S ALIENS. IT HAS TO BE."

Ned announced once they were all back at the hotel, gathered up in the lobby as they listened to the news reports and the sirens of the police patrolling though the canals around the area.

"BuzzFeed says there's a sailor named Morris Bench who was exposed to an experimental underwater generator and got hydro powers," Flash said as he read out from his phone.

"Yeah, you should definitely believe everything you read on the Internet," MJ told him from her spot on the stairs.

"Spider-Man could take him," Flash protested.

"Nah. Blue Dame would definitely win against him," Betty defended. "Have you heard how she nearly took down Thanos on her own?"

(Y/N), who was leaning on the railing on the stairs, hid her grin behind the palm of her hand at the comment, though the slightest mention of the titan's name made her remember that day all over again.

"What do you think it is?" Mr. Harrington asked his colleague, looking at the screen.

"You know, being a man of science. . .witches," Mr. Dell confessed in a certain tone.

"Who is that guy?" Betty questioned out loud as all watched the mysterious man with the bowl on his head on the screen.

"He's like Iron Man and Thor rolled into one," Brad said.

"He's all right. He's no Spider-Man," Flash rolled his eyes with a scoff.

"What is it with you and Spider-Man? Blue Dame is definitely better than him," MJ protested.

Flash snapped his head in her direction. "Absolutely not. He's just awesome, okay? He protects the neighborhood and he's inspiring. He inspires me to be a better man."

Peter approached the group after talking to May on the phone and joined (Y/N)'s side with crossed arms, overhearing the last part of the conversation before Flash looked at him.

"What's up, dickwad? Thought you drowned."

"So much for being a better man, Flash," (Y/N) said with sarcasm dripping on her voice.

Everyone's attention was then pulled back into the TV, where the reporter talked on the latest news about the masked man seen on the canals the same afternoon, all listening closely to what the woman had to say.

"Sounds like his name's Mysterio," Brad turned to the group.

"'L'uomo del misterio' is Italian for 'man of mystery'," MJ pointed out. "They don't actually know who he is."

"Mysterio," Ned said with a nod.

"Cool name," he and Betty mumbled at the same time, and the couple turned to look at each other with heart eyes. "Babe."