↳ 𝟯𝟰 ❝ [¡𝗡𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁 𝗘𝗻𝗱𝘀 𝗶𝗻 𝗧𝗿𝗮𝗴𝗲𝗱𝘆!] ❞

✧─── ・ 。゚★: *

✧─── ・ 。゚★: *.✦ .* :★. ───✧

(Y/N) AND CIRCE walked through the door and a strong breeze of cold air received them after the door closed behind the two. The scenery was dark and cold, sirens and car honks roaring in the distance of what it seemed to be the city of New York.

Circe smacked her lips and her eyes looked around. "Ah, (Y/N). The start of your superhero years. Quick question, didn't you and Peter seem to care about walking through the dangerous streets of New York at nighttime?"

"We knew this side of the city like the back of our hand," (Y/N) excused. "I thought it was going to be a regular night."

(Y/N) took slow and hesitant steps forward as Circe stood on her spot with her hands stuck inside her pockets, interested about how this was going to play out.

"Don't be scared. You already lived it once," she whispered.

(Y/N) felt herself transform once again, this time walking side by side with Peter in the dark street, where she wore her winter jacket and chattered with the boy beside her.

"— And then I snapped at him," Peter finished his rant as he talked to (Y/N), hands stuffed inside his jacket out of nervousness. "At that moment I was angry at him, but all I feel now is guilt. He probably hates me now."

(Y/N) placed a hand in his shoulder for silent reassurance before speaking up. "He was angry because of the outburst, but I can guarantee that he doesn't hate you. Ben could never hate you."

Peter's shoulders dropped and he stared at the ground. "You think so?"

"I know so," (Y/N) offered a small smile, which he returned but it didn't reach his eyes. She rubbed her hand on his arm to undo the uneasiness in his shoulders. "It's okay. You can take your time to figure out a way to confront him about the situation."

Peter nodded at the statement, feeling his face grow hot at how close she was to him. "Thanks, (Y/N)."

"No need to thank me. That's what I'm here for," she shrugged his comment off, crossing her arms in her chest as the two continued walking.

The street was dark and every now and then people walked by the stores around and then left around the corner, not putting attention to anything around them. This was the exact same case for (Y/N) and Peter, until a yell for help caught their attention.

A man ran out of a store with hurry in his pace as he crossed the street and another person rushed behind him, desperately calling for help around the place.

"Somebody stop that dude!" the man screamed and looked around for someone. "Hey! Someone stop him!"

(Y/N) and Peter didn't think it was of much importance and continued walking through the place, resuming their conversation with each other. Though there was a hint of regret in (Y/N)'s eyes, she thought the person was exaggerating and didn't dare to look back.

That was, until the sound of a gunshot echoed through her ears.

The sound was loud enough to stop (Y/N) and Peter in their tracks, freezing in their spots as they locked eyes in worry. (Y/N) looked behind her shoulder quick enough to see how a person collapsed in the ground with a thud, and when she squinted her eyes to get a better look, her breath caught on her throat.

Peter seemed to go through the same thing, since he tugged on (Y/N)'s arm and they both took slow steps towards the man that was on the ground, the man's features being easily recognizable.

It was Ben Parker on the floor, not moving and blood was oozing out of the bullet wound in his chest, soaking his shirt with it. (Y/N)'s breath hitched and she dropped to her knees to get a better look on the injury.

"Oh, my God," she gasped through her shaky voice.

Peter was on Ben's opposite side, pressing his hands on the wound to stop the bleeding, his efforts being useless. "Uncle Ben! Uncle Ben!"

(Y/N) saw how people began to gather around in curiosity at the sight of the two and she felt her anger grow when no one dared to move. "Call an ambulance! Someone do something!"

Peter didn't lift his gaze from Ben's unmoving form and his cries grew louder and heavier when he noticed that his uncle's chest wasn't moving up and down anymore. "Uncle Ben. . ."

(Y/N) stared down at her blood-stained hands and didn't utter another word as the world seemed to quiet down all around her. The guilt consumed her completely, and she didn't dare to come out of her room that night after coming home and telling the others about the incident.

She was now sitting in her bed with crossed legs, lifting her gaze from her hands sat still on her lap and fixed her eyes on the wall in front of her, emotionlessly staring ahead at it. She didn't want to make any sound to disturb her peace, until a strange light caught her attention.

(Y/N) looked back at her hands, where the glow seemed to come from and she let out a quiet gasp of surprise when she saw what it seemed to be blue mist escaping through her fingertips and forming a ball of energy in between her palms. When the energy ball grew to an acceptable size, it flew away from her hands and hovered in the middle of the room, tempting (Y/N) to come forward.

(Y/N) stood from the bed and took a small step towards the ball of energy sitting in the room, but when she reached out, it exploded into a bright and yellow light that nearly blinded her.

Air blew her hair back and (Y/N) opened her eyes to see a faint figure with a two-pointed crown and extended arms descending from where it stood, the glow growing brighter with every second until it died out as soon as it came.

This caused (Y/N) to drop back to the floor unconscious, the sound alerting Kiara that was consoling her friend in the living room. The woman came into the bedroom and knelt in the floor to make sure if she was in a good state, panic in her eyes.

Present (Y/N) could only stare at the scene in front of her after she returned back to her original self, fiddling with her fingers as Circe appeared on her side again.

"So, little (Y/N) got up close and personal with a strange source of power that amplified, what, otherwise, would've died on the vine. Did you ever knew what it was or where it came from?"

"No," (Y/N) slowly responded.

"Hmm," Circe said. "The broken pieces of you are adding up, buttercup. I have a theory, but I need more."

She flicked her wrist and another door appeared out of thin air, the purple light disappearing out of the frame of it as the design on the door changed to a classic black door. This instantly caught (Y/N)'s attention and she walked towards the door, which opened with ease as she approached.