↳ 𝟭𝟴 ❝ [¡𝗔𝗹𝗼𝗻𝗲!] ❞

✧─── ・ 。゚★: *

✧─── ・ 。゚★: *.✦ .* :★. ───✧

"NEED HELP?"

(Y/N) grunted as Peter carefully helped her up her feet, extending a hand to steady her before he moved to help Tony up from the ground as well. Quill, Drax and Mantis were all huddled up together, using each other for support while Nebula walked a few feet away, a solemn look on her face.

"Hey, (Y/N)," Peter said in his soft tone from beside her, a worried and nervous look on his face.

"Yeah, Pete?"

"I should probably tell — "

"Something's happening," Mantis' cut in loudly as she looked at her surroundings and seemed to be the only one to notice the intense change in the atmosphere, a scared look on her face.

Dust was surrounding her and in a matter of seconds her entire body dissolved in it, the wind taking her away as everyone else watched with horrified looks on their faces, Quill and Drax being the most shocked from all.

Drax's breath grew heavier as he panted and stared down at his left hand with a scared look, his eyes then meeting with his other teammate. "Quill?"

He vanished into dust without another word and Quill turned back to the others, where Tony seemed to notice his tense shoulders as the dust picked up on him too. "Steady, Quill."

"Oh, man."

(Y/N) let out a gasp when she saw him disappear in front of her eyes, pulling Peter close to her with one of her hands to reassure herself that he was still beside her. She felt a squeeze in the same hand caused by him, a terrified look written all over his eyes.

"Tony, (Y/N)," Stephen called, and this formed a knot in her stomach, fearing the worst.

"There is was no other way," The dust covered half of Stephen's face before he completely got taken away, leaving no trace of him behind.

(Y/N) cupped her hand in her mouth to stop the yell of the man's name, silently reassuring herself that this was all a dream or one of her worse nightmares, and that she would wake up at any moment.

"(Y/N)? Mr. Stark," the person she was too afraid to hear called in with the same terrified tone of all the others, and she turned around to see behind her.

A tear trailed down Peter's cheek. "I don't feel so good."

"No, no." (Y/N) shook her head frantically, the knot in her stomach growing into a large pit.

"You're all right," Tony seemed as scared as her.

"I don't — I don't know what's happening," Peter stared down at his hands. "I don't — "

He fell forward into (Y/N)'s arms, pulling her close to him as he buried his face on her shoulder with much panic laced in his voice, desperately grasping onto the first person that always came to his head. "I don't want to go."

(Y/N) felt her eyes sting and Peter's pleads were growing louder as he grasped onto her with the last piece of life he had. "I don't want to go, (Y/N). Please. Please, I don't want to go. I don't want to go."

The two lost their balance and Peter hit the ground with a thud, while (Y/N) knelt down on the ground beside him with her hands still holding on to him. Tony approached the two with a feeling of hesitation and regretted not knowing what to say to calm the boy down, or the girl that was silently keeping it all together for her friend's sake.

Peter stared into her eyes one last time and he muttered under his breath, "You'll be okay."

For a short second, he locked eyes with Tony. "I'm sorry."

The dust covered all of him like a warm blanket and he disappeared right in front of (Y/N)'s eyes, who couldn't help but let out a blood curling scream when she felt the last remains of her best friend under her fingertips, not caring how the ground shook underneath her as she did and how the rocks around her disintegrated with blue mist.

Nebula and Tony watched with empathic eyes, thinking that they were the last people remaining from what ever happened when the man's breath caught in his throat.

"No, (Y/N) — "

The dust was forming on (Y/N)'s hands and she didn't look up at the sound of Tony's voice or at least panic when she saw the dust crawling all over her skin. Her eyes were still glued on the ground where Peter had disappeared, and exhaled a long breath when the dust reached her entirely.

The last expression on her face wasn't one of panic or desperation to be saved from her fate, not even sadness from what was happening to her. It was relief.

Tony saw how the last part of her gathered up in his hands and the guilt consumed him entirely, all while Nebula looked down with a solemn look.

"He did it," she said.

Tony stared down at his hands, silently grieving what he'd just saw right in front of his eyes. He wasn't ready to return back to Earth to break the news, not knowing what was going to receive him when he got back home.