↳ 𝟬𝟵 ❝ [¡𝗜𝗻𝘁𝗲𝗿𝗿𝗼𝗴𝗮𝘁𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗦𝘂𝘀𝗽𝗲𝗰𝘁𝘀!] ❞

✧─── ・ 。゚★: *

✧─── ・ 。゚★: *.✦ .* :★. ───✧

"(Y/N)!"

She heard her name getting called with a tone of worry and urgency, spotting Kiara and May over the crowd of parents piling up to receive their children with a tight hug after they heard about the accident. The bus had taken them back safely into Queens, deep into the school as the students met with their parents.

Kiara left May's side and rushed to embrace her girl in a tight hug, feeling how her own muscles eased down as she held (Y/N) close to her. She had gotten out of work easily after hearing the news, wanting to see if she was safe.

"You're okay, you're okay," Kiara muttered under her breath as she cradled the back of (Y/N)'s head in an affectionate manner.

She then pressed a kiss on her temple and pulled away to see (Y/N) closely, her eyes squinting in confusion when she saw a small bruise on her forehead and a cut on her cheek.

"What's this?" Kiara asked.

"I watched the whole thing from below, and glass fell on me," (Y/N) thought that wasn't a good lie, but she let out a quiet sigh of relief when she seemed to believe it.

"Mmm," Kiara rubbed her hands on (Y/N)'s shoulders. "Let's go home. I have some freshly baked cookies waiting for us there."

(Y/N) felt all of her worries wash away and nodded at the request, feeling relieved that no matter how hard her duties were growing, she'll have Kiara waiting for her to arrive back home for the rest of her life.

✧─── ・ 。゚★: *.✦ .* :★. ───✧

ON MONDAY, (Y/N) walked through the busy hallways of the Midtown School building with a lowered head as she heard the school news being told by two students and classmates of hers.

"This past weekend, Midtown's Academic Decathlon team defeated the country's best to win the national championship," Jason Ionello spoke up first. "Later that day, they also defeated death."

"Explosion. Sally scream. Flash scream. Everybody screaming," Abraham dramatically explained when he came on the screen.

Charles was next, leaning on the back of an ambulance. "There were purple lasers and smoke. It was **** tight, like a Bon Jovi concert."

"As you know, we made it out alive, and that's the important thing. I couldn't bare to lose a student on a school trip," Mr. Harrington said with crossed arms, standing in front of a bus. "Not again."

"Thankfully, no one was seriously injured thanks to the Spider-Man and Blue Dame."

(Y/N) lifted her head towards the screen glued to the upper part of the school's wall and saw how people were listening closely with smirks and smiles on their faces, sharing a knowing look with Peter beside her.