11-II

"I'm home!" Abraham entered his home and closed the door behind him, announcing his presence to no one in particular.

Moving to the living room, he tossed his bag on the couch and placed his phone on the table. As soon as he turned around, his phone vibrated on the table, generating loud rumbling noises.

Hmmm, did I get a message? Abraham tapped his phone and opened up the message without seeing the sender's name. Though he had an inkling of who it could be...

"Hey, are you home?"

"Heyyyyyy, reply to me when you can!"

"I'm home!"

Heh, knew it... he let out a soft chuckle. He proceeded to reply to her messages.

"Yeah, I just arrived minutes ago."

He got another reply just seconds after.

"Nice, nice!"

"You down for a call?"

"Yes or yes?"

She's not giving me a choice, huh? He cracked a little smile. Well, I wouldn't mind a little call...

"Sure, I'm down. Give me a few minutes."

Not a second later, she already replied.

"Sweet!"

"Call me when you're ready!"

"I'll be waiting!"

"Don't take too long!"

Abraham sent a sticker which said OKAY. There, let me change my clothes. He put the phone back on the table then left for his room.

He took off his work clothes, which consisted of a white formal shirt, black trousers, and a dark coat. He then put on some comfortable casual clothes: a vest with shorts. There, much better. Taking his work clothes, he went to the bathroom and threw them in the laundry bucket.

RING! RING! RING!

Abraham's ears twitched. She's already calling? Five minutes haven't even passed yet! He quickly dashed to the living room and picked up the phone. Using his thumb, he slid the phone icon to the right and answered the call.

"Hey, about time you answered! I was waiting for you!" she exclaimed.

"Woah!" Abraham flinched his head back due to the loud volume. "You told me to call you when I was ready!"

"I'm an impatient woman. Hihihi!" she giggled cutely.

"Right..." he shook his head. He plopped down on the couch, leaving the phone on speaker mode.

"So, how was your day at work?"

"It was a fine da–... hey, we work there together!"

"Hihihi, you fell for it as usual, Abraham!"

This was how their typical phone conversations went. Mira liked to joke around with him, and he enjoyed talking to her, much to his amusement. It surprised him how she could always come up with topics to talk about nearly every day. She sure is something...

"Hey, hey, Abraham!"

"Yeah?" he laid down on the couch, stretching his leg over the armrest.

"Can you guess where I am now?"

"Hmmm...?" Abraham puffed his right cheek. "At home, I'd say?"

"Let me give you a hint!"

He could hear the sounds of running water and splashes on the other end. Is she in the bathroom?