17-IV

Ah, damn it! Forgive me, Irine!

"Iri–!"

"... What the hell am I doing?" Irine tossed his hand away and slapped her face, pushing her cheeks. "God, this isn't right!"

"...?" she stopped?

"I'm so sorry, Mabel..." She clawed at her face, a frown adorning her lips. "I think I'm a little delirious."

"..."

"This isn't right..." She gritted her teeth, bowing her head. "I... shouldn't be taking advantage of you like this."

"..."

"... Coward." Her eyes clenched shut. "I'm a stupid coward. Resorting to things like this because I can't face you."

"...!"

"I'm so afraid that you'll push me away." Tears began welling up in her eyes. "Knowing that I'm just some sick pervert with sick fantasies about her senior."

Mabel felt chains coiling around his heart. He felt helpless. Powerless. He despised the tears appearing in her eyes. It tugged at his heartstrings. He wanted to reach out to her. To clear those tears away. She was so close. Right in front of him.

And yet, he couldn't do anything.

"If I wanted to drag you into my fantasies..." she rubbed her tears away, gazing into his blank eyes. "I would want it to be truly you. I want this to be something real between us."

"..." Irine...

"... I'm sorry." She stood up. "I think I dragged this on long enough."

Irine quickly put on her clothes and cleaned the room to remove any suspicions. Her friends would be here soon. It was time to revert the situation and forget everything.

"I want you to close your eyes and take a rest, Mabel." She whispered. "I want you to be conscious after five minutes. Things will be back to normal... I promise."

He bowed his head and closed his eyes. Footsteps could be heard moving through the door. Then the door slid open. Another few steps. Then the door closed again. Silence filled the room. Only the sounds of the ticking clock echoed in his ears.

"..." He slowly opened his eyes, looking around carefully. No one was here. No one was nearby. The room looked as it did before his hypnosis. He could finally cut the act.

"... Hah." Mabel dropped onto his side, heaving out a drawn-out sigh. His body felt numb. His mind felt numb. It was a different kind of calm now. Every bone and muscle in his body relaxed from having to remain so still.

He clawed at his mouth. His cheeks felt warm to hold. The events with Irine kept replaying in his mind. Did he really experience that? Did he really see her act in such a way? The hypnosis experience was... intense.

I'm... exhausted. Really exhausted. He closed his eyes again, this time out of his volition.

And all he could think of was his junior.

"Irine..."

...

..

.

"We're back!" Cecilia slid the door open and announced her presence.

"... Oh." Madonna walked in. "It seems Mabel has fallen asleep."