13-VII

"I think... I love you too, Violette." Nanashi gently leaned into her forehead with his own.

Violette blinked a few times. She waved her head to the side.

"These feelings in my chest...," he held her hand and placed it on his heart, "I don't quite understand them much, but... they feel kind."

His heart thumped against her palm. The heartbeats were steady and calm. Its kind vibrations transferred to her hand. Nanashi didn't know how to explain it, so he used a positive word Violette would use to describe him: kind. Seeing him trying to convey his feelings that way was endearing.

"W-Wait..." Violette clenched the fabric of his shirt. "Do you... really feel the same way?" I'm not... dreaming, am I?

"I... think so." He squeezed her hand. "I worry about you. I care about you. You're... important to me."

"Captain..." She closed her eyes as they teared up again. His words, as dry and straightforward as they are, were genuine. He explained his feelings in a way that mirrored her own feelings and actions.

"I... would be sad if you weren't here."

Violette opened her eyes, only to see Nanashi avoiding her gaze. His cheeks... were evidently red. She could sense the heat rising in them. Is this the captain expressing a new emotion?! Shyness?!

It filled her heart with an indescribable joy. It was such an expression that made her heart skip a beat. She cupped his cheek, feeling the emanating heat of his skin. A tender heat to her senses.

"You're really kind, Captain."

"You already told me that." He blushed. "Twice."

"I know." She nuzzled into his forehead. "I love you."

Love. Maybe that was the single word to describe his feelings–why his chest felt warm, why he did the things he did for her. That's what it is, huh? His sense picked up on her rising body heat. She must be... feeling the same way I do. Has she felt this way about him for a long time? He's always sensed this heat that he could describe as kind now, but it never crossed his mind.

Speaking of heat, there was a certain kind of heat rising which alarmed his thermal senses.

"Violette..."

"Mhmm...?"

"Are you... having an erection now?" His gaze drifted to her lap.

"... Eh?" She followed his gaze and saw a noticeable tent being pitched on her skirt area. A condensed amount of heat was gathering there. A-Ah?! Her face flushed a deep red, rising in embarrassment. She pulled her hands and placed them over her bulge.

Whereas the heat radiating from her face and chest was kind, the heat coming between her legs was not so kind. In fact, it was rather energetic.

"You don't just ask a girl that!" Violette pouted and head-bumped his forehead. Why am I feeling hard now? God, it's ruining the moment...

I don't think the average girl could even answer that. Nanashi thought. "Do you... want me to take care of it?"

"Ah..." She stared at him. Before she could reply, her heat surged harder, making her bulge throb in anticipation.

Taking her silence as a yes, he reached his hand out towards her erection, but not before she grabbed her wrist and stopped him.

"I... don't want you to do it just for the sake of taking care of me." She put his hands away. His hands would feel amazing, no doubt. The temptation was there, and it almost made her falter.