10-III

I love you, Frein.

Will you be my valentine forever?

"Natski..." he gazed into her puffy eyes, processing the words he just read. "You..."

"I don't want to be your valentine just for today." She rubbed some of her tears away. "I want to be your valentine today, tomorrow, the day after, and the day after that."

"Wait, I don't think that's how it works-"

"I love you, Frein." She gazed back into his violet eyes. "I always have."

"You don't... hate me?" he asked, trying to stay calm with all the butterflies flying around in his stomach. "You were quite adamant about-"

"I'm sorry." She sobbed quietly. "I don't hate you... I can't hate you..."

"Natski..." he despised seeing her sad. She's crying because of me... her expression tugged away at his heartstrings. Wanting to comfort her, his arms instinctively held her hands and gently pulled her onto his lap.

"Frein..." his warmth surrounded her delicate frame, a warmth she found so comforting to her heart and soul.

"I'm sorry... for making you cry." He wrapped his arms around her in a warm embrace. "I'm so sorry."

"I'm sorry for misunderstanding..." Her sobs grew quieter as she calmed down.

"You have nothing to apologize for, Natski." He softly stroked the back of her blue hair. "I hurt your feelings without knowing..."

"Mhmm..." she buried her head into his chest, craving his warmth and touch. She felt so safe, so secure...

"I... love you too, Natski." He whispered, finally letting his feelings out of his heart. "I would love to be your valentine."

"... Not just my valentine."

"Huh...?"

"... Girlfriend." She pouted. "Ask me to be your girlfriend."

She can ask that at a time like this... he found her rather endearing. Seriously, I can't believe I'm falling for her harder...

"Okay, okay." He gently rubbed her tears away from her eyes, stroking her cheek with his thumb. "Natski, would you be my... girlfriend?"

"... Mhmm." She hummed and nodded timidly. "Will you... be my boyfriend?"

"I think that goes without saying." He chuckled softly, resting his forehead on her own. "Of course, Natski... I would love to be your boyfriend."

"Really?"

"Really, really."

"Really, really?"

"Really, really, really."

"Really, really, real-"

"Yes, Natski!" Frein gently pinched her cheek. "How many times are you going to keep asking that?"

"I'm sorry..." she nuzzled into his forehead. "I just... can't believe you'd want to go out with me..."

"Why is that?"

"I act all high and mighty...," she sniffed faintly, "I have an obnoxious attitude."

So, she's aware of that. Frein held back a laugh.

"I say very mean things to you..." She twiddled with her fingers. "I don't mean them, I promise! I just... I get giddy when I see you, and there's so many things going on in my mind, so many words I want to say, but they come out wrong and-"