15-III

"... Sorry, Cecilia." He gently held her hand, bowing his head. "I'm... not interested."

"... Huh?" She blinked, her smile fading away.

"I don't want to play on the stage." He said softly. Seeing her smile disappear felt like a stab at his own heart. Guilt pooled through his chest. I don't like seeing her sad.

"B-But why?" She grabbed his arm with both her hands. "Won't it be fun if we take the stage together?"

"Mhmm..." he shook his head. I don't know. "I've never performed before, and I can't play the piano well."

"Then this could be your first performance!" She exclaimed. "A-And we can practice together! We have a lot of time before the Nine-Star tournament!"

Sora could see how excited she was. She must have thought I would be interested. He didn't have any doubts she'd put on an amazing performance on her own. But what kind of performance can I give? If I were there, I think I'd be a hindrance. I don't have to be there with her.

"I really can't, Cecilia." He sighed. It felt like chains were coiling around his heart, leaving a sour sensation in his chest. Why did it feel terrible turning her down? Performing alongside her gave him mixed feelings.

"But I..." she intertwined her fingers with his. "I want to do this together with you, Sora."

"I'm flattered you'd want me to perform with you." He rubbed his thumb over her hand, thinking of the right words to say. "But... you can take the stage without me. You'll do amazing."

"But I don't want to do it if you're not with me!" She pouted, growing desperate. "It has to be with you."

"Cecilia..." he ruffled his pink hair, remaining firm on the matter. "Sorry, I'm not interested. Really."

"..." She slowly let go of his arm. Her face grimaced, trying to hide how hurt she felt. Performing on stage with him would be like a dream come true. She couldn't force him if he truly didn't want to. She understood that. She wanted to respect his wishes but...

"... I appreciate you asking me." He gently patted her shoulder. His heart tightened at the sight of her expression. She's sad. It hurt him; he didn't want to see her making that face.

"Will you at least consider it?" She lay her head on his shoulder. "Please? Even just a little?"

He stared at her face. She must badly want to duet with him. Her voice was filled with desperation. It almost made him want to change his mind. For her sake, I suppose I could... consider it. As long as it gave her a little peace of mind. Besides, her emotions were affecting his mood. If I can make her smile even just a little...

"Okay." He nodded timidly. "I'll consider it."

"... Mhmm." The corner of her lips curled up. She nuzzled his head into him. "Thank you, Sora."

The two didn't speak any words, simply remaining in silence. Cecilia wrapped her fingers around his hand and inched closer to him. This tender moment reminded her of their childhood days when Sora kept her company after the accident. She couldn't remember the last time he came to her room. It feels like forever ago. But those fond days when he stayed by her side were her favorite days. Having him here right now was... nice. Even if she couldn't see him, he was always supporting her through the darkness. Just being able to hold his hand was comforting enough.

Meanwhile, his mind was wrapped up in the impeccable flesh underneath her skirt. He couldn't forget that easily. No way. That hard matter weighed more on his mind than the Nine-Star's opening performance. Before he could consider her offer, he had to consider what he actually saw. I couldn't have imagined that. She made a remark that she didn't want him to see it. I heard her very clearly.